A colourful festive collection for trendy girls (With Images)September 25th, 2009 - 6:57 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 25 (IANS) With the season of marriages and festivals arriving, where everyone wants to look good, the designer duo Hemant-Nandita have developed a collection meant for today’s trendy girl.
“Our collection has Indian silhouettes in western cuts that is meant for trendy girls who want to enjoy the festive season in bright colours but with minimum bling and embellishments,” Hemant told IANS.
“Our USP is that we understand what young girls want. They don’t like to go over the top yet look chic and elegant,” he added.
The collection has dresses in stylish flairs, pleats and cuts, saris and kurtis and churidars.
The duo have used a lot of velvet, chikans, silk, net lycra, georgette and chiffons in bright hues like blue, purple, metallic grey and green in the collection.
Though the embellishment is minimal, a lot of zardozi, brocade, and dabka work has been done on these garments to give it a festive feel.
The clothes are priced Rs.10,000-29,000.
- Colours, bling and cuts on WIFW runway - Apr 08, 2011
- Accessorise or try a bikini sari when on holiday (With Images) - Apr 11, 2012
- Dia, Sameera cheer for Shantanu-Nikhil - Feb 15, 2012
- Kavita Bhartia pays tribute to Indian weavers - Oct 09, 2011
- Designers Pankaj-Nidhi offer Mughal era inspired clothes - Oct 07, 2010
- Designers' ode to free-spirited women at WIFW show - Oct 10, 2011
- Pam pays tribute to modern women with spring-summer collection (With Image) - Mar 06, 2012
- Western styles merge with Indian crafts at Wills fashion show (With Images) - Mar 26, 2010
- Ritika Bhasin offers multi-purpose trousseau (With Images) - Feb 04, 2012
- Payal Kapoor to revive Benaras motifs at LFW (With Images) - Jul 20, 2012
- Go for stylish holiday wear this summer (With Image) - Mar 29, 2012
- Winter of discontent for brides? No way, say designers (With Images) - Jan 03, 2012
- Saris with a twist by Kiran Uttam Ghosh (With Images) - Jan 14, 2012
- Pakistan designer styles Kashmiri embroidery for bridal wear (With Images) - Dec 21, 2011
- Sari gets makeover, new look lures Hollywood - Sep 28, 2011
Tags: bling, bright colours, bright hues, brocade, chiffons, embellishment, embellishments, festive collection, festive season, garments, georgette, hemant, kurtis, nandita, New Delhi, pleats, saris, silhouettes, trendy girls, young girls