86 designers to showcase at LFW Winter festJuly 11th, 2012 - 3:13 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, July 11 (IANS) In its 13th year, Lakme Fashion Week has lined up 86 designers, including veterans Pallavi Jaikishan and Ritu Beri, from across the country.
From big names such as Wendell Rodricks, Neeta Lulla, Anita Dongre, Krishna Mehta to young talents Pooja Kapoor, Atithi Gupta, Roma Narsinghani, Isabelle Mittal have been roped in to present exotic designs on the ramp at the upcoming edition of winter-festive 2012 starting Aug 3.
“Buoyed by extremely positive industry feedback at LFW Summer-Resort 2012, we are now resolved to make the upcoming season even more successful with a formidable mix of relevant designers,” Anjana Sharma, director-fashion at IMG Reliance, said in a statement.
Other names finalised for the five-day event include, Archana Kochhar, Aartivijay Gupta, Aastha Bahl, Abhishek Dutta, Payal Khandwala, Pernia Qureshi, Anushka Khanna, Pia Pauro, Babita Malkani, Bhairavi Jaikishan, Priyadarshini Rao, Debarun Mukherjee, Deepika Govind, Gaurang Shah, Sanchita Ajjampur, Jatin Varma, Kapil & Mmonika Arora, Shivan & Narresh, and Shyamal & Bhumika Shodhan.
Keeping the tradition of introducing new designers, this season LFW will launch Aniket Satam, Mehak Pruthi, Kanika Seth and Ankit Sharma, Asa Kazingmei, Richa Aggarwal, Astha Sethi and Sidharth Arora, Sneha Arora and Kavita Sharma.
Another highlight of the event will be the grand finale where relatively young designers Kallol Datta and Pankaj & Nidhi will jointly present their creations.
Also, in a continued endeavour to support and pay tribute to Indian textiles, this season will bring together Jaya Jaitly, Darshan Shah, Maximiliano Modesti, Rta Kapur Chishti and Rodricks for workshops, demonstrations and panel discussions.
On Aug 5, the designers will showcase Indian weaves and crafts to extend their support to the initiative and help bring Indian textiles and crafts to the fore.
- LFW kickstarts with whiff of freshness - Aug 03, 2012
- Lakme Fashion Week to pay tribute to Indian textiles - Feb 29, 2012
- Designers recreate yesteryear, spiritual charm on ramp - Aug 04, 2012
- LFW Winter-Festive puts spotlight on new talents, Indian weaves (Curtain-raiser ) - Aug 01, 2012
- A debut after 40 years and book in making, Pallavi Jaikishan on a roll - Jul 21, 2012
- Rohit Bal to showcase at Men's week finale - Aug 12, 2010
- Shivan-Narresh to showcase swimwear at Miami (With images) - Jun 12, 2011
- Summer corporate wear? Try Peter Pan collar or shirtdress (With Images) - Apr 20, 2012
- Designers pen fashion bibles; legacy for younger lot - Jul 20, 2012
- Gaurang wins best designer award - Aug 14, 2012
- Films less scary than walking ramp: Tara Sharma - Mar 03, 2012
- 'Let's Design Season 4' announces 13 finalists (With Image) - Dec 30, 2011
- Business at fashion week broke all records: FDCI chief (Review) - Oct 13, 2011
- Designer Gaurang Shah teams with 250 weavers to revive handlooms (With Image) - Jun 24, 2012
- Heels with Nakashi work on wood (With Images) - Aug 20, 2011
Tags: abhishek dutta, anita dongre, anushka, astha, bhairavi, bhumika, chishti, deepika, indian textiles, industry feedback, jatin, kavita sharma, krishna mehta, neeta lulla, priyadarshini, pruthi, satam, shyamal, sidharth, wendell rodricks