7.26pm on a Saturday is the happiest time of the week!February 5th, 2011 - 11:47 am ICT by ANI
London, Feb 5 (ANI): The happiest time of the week is 7.26pm on a Saturday evening, according to a study.
In the research, early Saturday evening emerged as the preferred time for millions because they are finally able to relax and unwind after a busy week at work.
According to the study, one third of Brits regularly spend time with friends on a Saturday night, either dining out, going to pubs and clubs or going to each other’s houses.
The study of 3,000 British people also found 7.29am on a Monday - amid the commute to the office after an enjoyable weekend - is the lowest point for most.
Seven out of ten said they then ‘dread’ returning to work after the weekend.
“It takes the average person a little while to wind down from work, but by Saturday night the majority of us are feeling great,” the Daily Mail quoted Peter Morton, from Multibionta, which conducted the poll, as saying.
“Whether it’s watching our favourite television programme, getting ready to go out with friends or spending quality time with the family, it is the time of the week when we feel at our happiest.
“Saturday night is also the most relaxing night of the week because we know we have another day ahead of us before getting ready for work again,” he added. (ANI)
- Britons spend a year of their lives in the pub - Aug 04, 2012
- Oz women don't get enough 'me time' as men - Oct 20, 2010
- Leisure Time Activities Of Sushmita Sen - Jun 16, 2010
- Quarter of Brits lie about their days off to impress others - Mar 07, 2011
- Britain's happiest people live in Yorkshire - Mar 10, 2011
- Office workers are at their most alert at 11:33am on Tuesdays - Apr 06, 2010
- We only unwind from work stresses of week after 12.38pm on Saturday! - Nov 20, 2010
- Living out of a suitcase, Formula One style - Oct 30, 2011
- Simple things really do make us happy - Sep 30, 2010
- 50 things that make people happy - Oct 29, 2011
- Rani Mukherjee Speaks About Her Favorite Past Time - Jul 06, 2010
- Rupert Grint on how he spends his weekends - May 14, 2010
- Chill Out Zone - Ashmit Patel - Aug 11, 2010
- Hefner prefers playing cards over girlfriends - Dec 26, 2011
- Weekends fly by for many Americans: Survey - Jan 10, 2010
Tags: average person, british people, brits, daily mail, enjoyable weekend, london feb, multibionta, peter morton, poll, preferred time, pubs and clubs, quality time, saturday evening, saturday night, television programme