17 designers to showcase couture at men’s fashion weekAugust 7th, 2010 - 6:35 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 7 (IANS) Designers Manish Malhotra, Rajesh Pratap Singh, Rohit Bal, and Karan Johar with Varun Bahl, among others, are all set to showcase their men’s line at the Van Heusen India Men’s Week (VHIMW) here from Aug 27-29.
In all, 17 designers will be showcasing their collection in the second edition of the VHIMW that will take place in The Grand hotel, Vasant Kunj.
The three-day affair will also see in action designers like Anky by Ankita and Anjana Bhargav, Ashish N. Soni, Manoviraj Khosla, Narendra Kumar, Raj Gayani, Rohit and Abhishek, Rohit Gandhi and Rahul Khanna, Samant Chauhan, Sanchita Ajjampur, Shantanu and Nikhil, Troy Costa, Vijay Arora and Wendell Rodricks.
“Designers are at the forefront of the fashion revolution and constitute the core of the fashion industry. We expect some defining trends in men’s fashion to be set this year,” said Sunil Sethi, president of Fashion Design Council of India, the organisers.
“The response received so far from the designer fraternity has been overwhelming. I wish all the participating designers the very best as they gear up to participate in this fashion event,” he added.
According to Shital Mehta, chief operating officer, Van Heusen, the main sponsor of the event, they are working closely with some of them to make designer fashion accessible to a large number of people.
- Rohit Bal to showcase at Men's week finale - Aug 12, 2010
- 17 brands to participate in India Mens Week - Aug 21, 2011
- Diminish boundaries, generate business: Men's fashion week's motto - Aug 26, 2010
- Celebrities? Who knows? But trends for sure at men's week (Curtainraiser) - Sep 01, 2011
- Men's week high on fashion, low on glamour (Review) - Aug 30, 2010
- Focus on brand building at mens week (Review) - Sep 05, 2011
- Classic silhouettes inspire Ankita-Anjana for men's fashion week - Aug 29, 2011
- 86 designers to showcase at LFW Winter fest - Jul 11, 2012
- Top designers part of India's first men's fashion week - Aug 20, 2009
- FDCI forms new board, Sethi remains president - Mar 01, 2011
- WIFW widens horizon - fuses fashion with social cause (IANS Preview) - Feb 14, 2012
- Van Heusen India Men's Fashion Week's set for August - Jul 06, 2010
- ANKY to present classic men's wear in new avatar - Aug 26, 2010
- Johar, Bahl to present Van Heusen India Men's Week finale - Aug 20, 2011
- Business, not Bollywood, in focus at WIFW: FDCI chief - Oct 07, 2011
Tags: anjana bhargav, ankita, ashish n soni, designer fashion, fashion design council of india, fashion event, fashion industry, fashion revolution, fashion week, hotel vasant, narendra kumar, rahul khanna, rajesh pratap singh, rohit bal, samant chauhan, sanchita, shital, vasant kunj, vijay arora, wendell rodricks