138 designers to participate in WIFW autumn-winter 2012January 27th, 2012 - 8:34 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Jan 27 (IANS) The upcoming edition of Wills Lifestyle India Fashion Week (WIFW), to be held next month, will witness a record number of 138 designers showcasing their collection on the ramp and racks.
The number beats the maximum number of designers at the previous two editions of the bi-annual gala. While the spring summer edition 2011 saw 120 designers, the autumn-winter 2011 edition had 130 designers.
The WIFW organising body, Fashion Design Council of India (FDCI) Friday announced the list of designers who will take part at the five-day extravaganza, which starts Feb 15.
The list includes 14 new runway and stall designers, showcasing their creations.
“This year we have a list of outstanding designers with representation across geographies who will display their creative excellence on the runway,” FDCI president Sunil Sethi said in a statement.
“With combined elements of innovation, creativity and tradition of the WIFW, these designers will give a fresh perspective to the autumn-winter collection, we are hopeful that this edition will also break all records like the past season,” added Sethi.
Some established names whose works will be seen include Abraham and Thakore, Anand Kabra, Anju Modi, Gaurav Gupta, Meera and Muzaffar Ali, Manish Malhotra, Rahul Mishra, Rocky S, Rohit Bal, Shantanu and Nikhil, Tarun Tahiliani, Abdul Halder, Charu Parashar, Wendell Rodricks, James Ferreira and Gauri and Nainika.
The list of first-time designers includes Kanika Saluja Chaudhary, Vijay Balhara, Kiran and Meghna, Nupur Kanoi, Ritu Pande, Shakshee Pradhan, Tahera Peeran, Shantanu Singh, Vaishali, Pallavi Singhee, Payal Pratap, Chhaya Mehrotra, Ruchi Mehta, Pragya and Megha Samor and Pallavi Foley.
The event will take place at Pragati Maidan.
- WIFW widens horizon - fuses fashion with social cause (IANS Preview) - Feb 14, 2012
- Shantanu-Nikhil to open WIFW 2012 - Jan 31, 2012
- Japanese designers to showcase at WIFW - Feb 07, 2012
- Business, not Bollywood, in focus at WIFW: FDCI chief - Oct 07, 2011
- This fashion week was more about creativity than business (Review) - Feb 20, 2012
- WIFW kicks off, creatively done up venue surprises guests - Apr 06, 2011
- WIFW Autumn/Winter 2012 to start Feb 15 - Dec 02, 2011
- WIFW Autumn-Winter 2011 to start April 6 - Dec 16, 2010
- Designers work overtime, say WIFW important for business - Apr 01, 2011
- WIFW to continue with fashion quiz - Apr 04, 2011
- Wills Lifestyle India Fashion Week begins Oct 23 - Sep 20, 2010
- 19 designers, 10 models to debut at WIFW - Mar 04, 2010
- JJ Valaya is WIFW 2012 finale designer - Feb 02, 2012
- 63 designers finalised for WIFW spring/summer edition - Sep 14, 2012
- With 130 designers, 43 shows WIFW back - bigger and better - Mar 22, 2010
Tags: anand kabra, anju modi, autumn winter, body fashion, chhaya, fashion design council of india, fdci, gaurav gupta, india fashion week, innovation creativity, manish malhotra, muzaffar ali, nupur, pragya, rohit bal, samor, sunil sethi, tarun tahiliani, wendell rodricks, wills lifestyle india fashion week