Was there a human sacrifice at an Indian temple?April 18th, 2010 - 11:08 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Birbhum, Apr 18 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Human sacrifice has been suspected at an Indian temple in West Bengal, which is an Indian state. A human body bereft of its head was found close to the sacrificial block of a West Bengal temple. The identity of the person who was beheaded is still to be ascertained. His body was found on Thursday, in the bushes in a Goddess Kali temple in the village of Donaipur, which is located in the district of Birbhum.
Generally goats are sacrificed to please the Goddess Kali, in that temple. But the villagers got the shock of their life, when they found some blood splattered at the site of the sacrificial block. And soon the body of the beheaded man and his head was found in the bushes.
Some rituals were held in the temple on Friday, and a group of devotees had sacrificed two goats there. “We are investigating if the blood found at the base of the wooden block and inside the temple was of the man or the sacrificed goats,” a local police official said. The district superintendent of police Rabindranath Mukherjee said that in reality the person could have been murdered, and his body could be hidden near the temple, so that it seems that it is a case of human sacrifice.
- Police Investigate Indian Temple Human Sacrifice - Apr 18, 2010
- Human sacrifice in an Indian temple - Apr 18, 2010
- Human head found near Assam's Kamakhya temple (Lead) - Mar 02, 2012
- Human head found at famous Kamakhya temple - Mar 02, 2012
- Man's headless torso found near Kali temple - Apr 15, 2010
- Nepal seeks to stop blood bath at biggest Hindu festival - Sep 28, 2011
- Devotees practice body piercing during Kerala festival - Mar 12, 2011
- Indian leads blood bath at Nepal's sacrifice fair - Nov 24, 2009
- Eid-ul-Zuha is about the spirit of sacrifice (Comment) - Nov 07, 2011
- Devotees in Shimla participate in stone pelting festival - Nov 07, 2010
- Unique Himachal ritual: Pelting stones to appease goddess - Nov 06, 2010
- Childless couple 'sacrifice' three-year-old to get son - Apr 13, 2010
- Elephant processions, percussion orchestras mark Kerala festivals (Letter from Kerala) - May 12, 2012
- Nepal campaigners call for end to animal sacrifices - Nov 24, 2010
- Growing calls in Nepal to halt animal slaughter during Dussehra - Oct 06, 2010