‘Trident Hilton Hotels’ in India rebranded ‘Trident Hotels’August 8th, 2008 - 9:32 pm ICT by admin
August 8, 2008,New Delhi: ‘Trident Hilton Hotels’ in India have been rebranded as ‘Trident Hotels’. Effective April 2008, ‘Trident Hilton’ hotels located in Gurgaon (Delhi National Capital Region), Agra, Jaipur, Udaipur, Cochin, Bhubaneswar and Chennai are designated as ‘Trident’. ‘Hilton Towers’ in Mumbai is now ‘Trident, Nariman Point, Mumbai’. This rebranding has been undertaken after The Oberoi Group terminated its alliance with Hilton International Co.
As a part of the rebranding, Trident Hotels also launched its own dedicated GDS Chain Code “TH”. The new GDS code came into effect on 1st April, 2008, from which date all Trident hotels are available under the unique“TH” designation, instead of the Hilton International code “HL”.
Trident Hotels are available on all major GDS with “Seamless Next Generation” connectivity and also participate in the newly launched “Total pricing” and best available rate programs of all GDS.
In 2004, The Oberoi Group and Hilton International Co. entered into a strategic alliance for marketing and co-branding hotels in India under the ‘Trident Hilton’ brand. While The Oberoi Group continued to plan, staff and operate the hotels, Hilton International was responsible for the sales and marketing of the hotels. With the termination, in addition to planning, staffing and operating the hotels, The Oberoi Group also supports the sales and marketing of Trident Hotels worldwide.
P.R.S. Oberoi, Chairman, The Oberoi Group said, “The outlook for the Trident brand in India is excellent and we are very confident that Trident Hotels will continue to expand exponentially.”
Referring to the new brand identity Rattan Keswani, President, Trident Hotels said, “Trident hotels are five-star hotels that are acknowledged for offering quality and value. The Trident brand stands for dependability and care. Our guests can depend upon us to make their stay enjoyable.”
- Oberoi Group denies reports on P.R.S Oberoi's successor - Apr 12, 2011
- 'Asset-heavy' EIH to focus more on managing hotels - Aug 07, 2012
- East India Hotels plans tie-up with RIL - Aug 10, 2011
- No plans of sell stake: EIH Chairman - Jul 09, 2010
- Oberoi Group opens hotel in Gurgaon - Apr 12, 2011
- RIL acquires 14.12 percent in East India Hotels - Aug 30, 2010
- Volvo ropes in Srei BNP Paribas to offer finance - May 11, 2011
- Oberoi to expand Trident Hotel brand overseas - Mar 31, 2008
- Lalit Suri hotel group firms up $500 mn expansion plan - May 04, 2010
- Oberois to raise stake in EIH; firm plans Rs.1.5 bn investment (Lead) - Aug 24, 2010
- EIH sees traction in revenues, apprehends pressure on margins - Aug 24, 2010
- Eyeing small town India, subsidised condom set to be trendier - Jun 25, 2012
- Hilton No.1 international hotel brand in India: Survey - Nov 08, 2011
- East India Hotels eyes Gulf for expansion - Aug 20, 2009
- Pfizer snaps insulin marketing deal with Biocon - Mar 13, 2012
Tags: bhubaneswar, brand identity, chennai, co branding, dependability, five star hotels, gds code, generation connectivity, hilton hotels, hilton international, hilton towers, international co, nariman point, oberoi group, rebranding, sales and marketing, strategic alliance, trident hilton, udaipur