Surya Kiran paints our Tiranga on the Skies of BangkokDecember 14th, 2007 - 11:33 am ICT by admin
It was a unique opportunity and viewers’ delight watching the “Ambassadors of the Indian Air Force” - Surya Kiran perform in Bangkok on 12th this month on the occasion of the 80th Birth Anniversary of His Majesty the King of Thailand.
The show was conducted at Squadron 601, Wing 6, Don Muang Air Force Base and was organized by Royal Thai Air Force and The Embassy of India.
Many Bangkokians – both Indians and Thai - took time out of their busy weekday morning to witness this 30 minutes long wonderful performance by The Indian Air Force which is the fourth largest Air Force in the world.
The team had come straight from Malaysia after thrilling the crowds at The Langkawi Air Show - LIMA 2007 .
The crowd was amazed by the skills displayed by the Indian pilots who once again proved their might to the world. After the Show the Surya Kiran team were honored by Air Cheif Marshal Chalit Pookpasuk, Commander of Royal Thai Air Force and the Indian Ambassador to Thailand Her Excellency Ms. Latha Reddy. The spectators comprised of people from the Indian & Thai communities, representatives from other Embassies/Air force, Thai Air Force officers, Students from the Defense Academies and the Press. Some children even approached the pilots for autographs. The commentary was in English as well as in Thai.
When thaindian.com asked about the main intention behind performing overseas, replied that this was being done to showcase the capabilities of the Indian Airforce to the world.
The Surya Kiran is the IAFs aerobics demonstration team and in a decade they have performed over 350 shows. This is one of the four prominent 9-aircraft aerobics team in the world. It is not the first time that the Indian Tricolors were etched on Bangkok Skies. The Surya Kiran team performed previously in Bangkok on 15th Feburary 2004.
Thaindian.com wishes the Surya Kiran Team all the best and hopes that they will come back to perform in Bangkok again.
- Surya Kiran aerobatics team to take to skies again - Oct 08, 2011
- Indian Air Force gears up to celebrate its 78th anniversary - Oct 06, 2010
- India to buy 20 more Hawk jets for aerobatics team - Sep 14, 2012
- Russian arms dealer Viktor Bout extradited to U.S. - Nov 16, 2010
- Thai military helicopter crashes near Myanmar border, 9 missing - Jul 19, 2011
- Indian aerobatics teams enjoy good safety record (Comment) - Mar 14, 2010
- Clashes along Thai-Cambodian border resume - Feb 17, 2011
- Iran envoy blames Israel for Bangkok bombings - Feb 19, 2012
- IAF's Surya Kiran Aerobatics Team to be disbanded? (With images) - Oct 06, 2009
- Myanmar to introduce e-visa system - Feb 01, 2012
- Dazzling fly-past, daring aerobatics mark Aero India launch (Lead) - Feb 09, 2011
- Russian arms dealer extradited to US - Nov 16, 2010
- Thai Air Force fighter jet crashes, pilot killed - Oct 18, 2010
- Aerobatic stunts, flying thrills mark AeroIndia finale - Feb 13, 2011
- Indian U-13 team awaits full squad in Bangkok - Jul 14, 2011
Tags: air force base, ambassadors, birth anniversary, cheif, crowds, don muang air force base, embassy of india, indian air force, indian ambassador, king of thailand, langkawi, latha, majesty, marshal, royal thai air, spectators, squadron, surya kiran, suryakiran, thai air force, weekday morning