Serial bomb blast in BangaloreJuly 25th, 2008 - 4:59 pm ICT by admin
5 blasts rock the IT City Bangalore in a span of 20 to 30 minutes.
It is assumed that the bombs used had a timer device on them.
The blasts apparently injured 6 people and killed one lady who was waiting for a bus. The injured have been taken to Malya Hospital.
Presently the traffic is normal in Bangalore. There have been reports of telephone lines being jammed.
The authorities have made it clear that the IT industry was not the target.
The authorities have no idea at the moment of the suspects behind the blasts, or that any more blasts are planed ahead. They however advise the citizens to go about their normal lives. There have been no organizations or individuals named, the investigations are on and we can expect more clarifications soon. The police have said that the blasts were intended to cause panic.
- 15 dead, over 30 hurt in Pakistan blast (Lead) - Feb 23, 2012
- Sleep with gun under your pillow: Israeli diplomats told - Feb 15, 2012
- Terror revisits Mumbai, 21 killed in serial blasts - Jul 14, 2011
- Vigil stepped up in Bangalore - Jul 14, 2011
- Police defuse third bomb found in Bangalore stadium - Apr 17, 2010
- Six bus passengers electrocuted in Jharkhand - Aug 12, 2011
- Probe widens in Mumbai blasts, detonators remain mystery - Jul 18, 2011
- Four crude bombs found in Lucknow court premises - Aug 09, 2012
- Crude bomb found near Bangalore cricket stadium - Apr 18, 2010
- Serial blasts, rain cause chaos on Mumbai roads - Jul 14, 2011
- Seven injured in Varanasi blast (Second Lead) - Dec 07, 2010
- Delhi blast: Police find 'switch-like device' - Sep 10, 2011
- Two crude bombs found near Bangalore cricket stadium (Second Lead) - Apr 18, 2010
- Mumbai airport on high alert after terror threat - Jul 22, 2011
- Two die in blast near Peshawar school bus (Lead) - Dec 13, 2010