Multiple explosions rocks Karol Bagh area at DelhiSeptember 13th, 2008 - 8:31 pm ICT by admin
At 6:15pm Saturday, an explosion rocked Delhi’s Karol Bagh shopping area.
The first blast occurred in a CNG powered auto rickshaw, which as per eye witnesses was tossed up over 10 feet in the air. This was followed by a second blast in a cylinder kept on a scooter behind it.
So far there is no reports of any fatalities, over 30 people have been reported to have been injured.
The police are on alert following the blast, and are evacuating people from Connaught place.
Connaught Place (officially Rajeev Chowk) is India’s second largest financial, commercial and business center after Nariman Point in Mumbai. Located in the heart of New Delhi, India, Connaught Place, often abbreviated as CP, houses the headquarters of several Indian firms.
Today being Saturday, Connaught Place was crowded with people enjoying their weekend.
- Breaking News : Blast in Delhi's Karol Bagh Market - Sep 13, 2008
- High court blast is 19th attack in Delhi in 15 years - Sep 07, 2011
- Delhi on high alert after Mumbai blasts - Jul 13, 2011
- Three explosions shake capital, injuries reported - Sep 13, 2008
- Terror e-mail holds back shoppers in Delhi, suburbs - Sep 13, 2011
- Delhi Metro mock drill hits commuters (Lead) - Jul 28, 2012
- Delhi markets deserted after Mumbai blasts - Jul 14, 2011
- Delhi, adjoining states discuss security measures - Jul 14, 2011
- Truck mows down two women in Delhi - Apr 27, 2012
- Heavy security cover in Delhi following terror alert - May 02, 2010
- US cautions India on possible terror strike, Home Ministry issues alert - May 01, 2010
- Delhi serial blasts: Charges to be framed Feb 21 - Feb 05, 2011
- Foreign tourists in Delhi undeterred by terror alert - May 03, 2010
- Delhi on guard, crowded areas under police scanner - May 02, 2010
- Less crowds in Delhi markets amid terror alert - May 02, 2010