MNS chief leader Raj Thackeray ArrestedOctober 21st, 2008 - 2:36 pm ICT by Bupha Ravirot
MNS chief, Raj Thackeray was arrested Tuesday morning at Ratnagiri for brutal attack on the Indian railway exam candidates by MNS workers.
Raj Thaceray’s arrest linked to the conflict between 2 sides, against and his supporters at a North-West suburban police station, on Sunday after MNS workers attacked 13 railway examination centres in suburban Mumbai to protest against “inadequate representation” to locals.
After MNS chief Thackeray was arrested, violence has spread to several areas of Mumbai and Maharashtra. Protesters have taken to streets in Thane. Taxies parked at Tardeo in South Mumbai were damaged by some unknown miscreants who fled on motorcycles. Two separate incidents were reported in the North-West suburban of Borivili where miscreants attempted to burn trucks.
This is the second time in eight months that Thackeray has been arrested for his anti-north Indian tirade. He will be presented before a magistrate in the Bandra court at around 2 pm.
- Stone-pelting cases: Raj Thackeray gets bail from Aurangabad court - Feb 09, 2011
- On Raj Thackerays arrest, Maharasthtra CM says nobody is above law - Oct 21, 2008
- Mumbai police issues gag order against Raj Thackeray - Oct 21, 2008
- MNS chief Raj Thackeray arrested - Oct 21, 2008
- Raj Thackeray asks people to stop paying toll tax - Jul 24, 2012
- MNS men wreak havoc after Raj Thackeray's arrest (Third Lead) - Oct 21, 2008
- Raj Thackeray denied bail, sent to jail for two weeks - Oct 21, 2008
- Police baton charge rampaging MNS workers after Raj Thackeray arrest (Second Lead) - Oct 21, 2008
- MNS to help Maharashtrian youths with railway exam - Feb 02, 2011
- North Indian attacks: Raj Thackeray to surrender before court today - Jun 29, 2009
- Samajwadi Party men protest attack on Azmi, stone buses - Nov 09, 2009
- Kalyan under curfew ahead of Raj Thackeray''s court appearance - Oct 22, 2008
- Raj Thackeray gets bail on surety of rupees one lakh - Jun 29, 2009
- Raj Thackeray remanded to judicial custody till July 13 - Jun 29, 2009
- Raj Thackeray taken to Kalyan Railway Police Station - Jun 29, 2009
Tags: brutal attack, conflict, eight months, exam candidates, inadequate representation, indian railway, locals, magistrate, maharashtra, miscreants, motorcycles, police station, protesters, raj thackeray, ratnagiri, second time, south mumbai, taxies, tuesday morning, violence