Jet Airways becomes the first airline to have the BCBPJuly 29th, 2008 - 12:46 pm ICT by Amrit Rashmisrisethi
IATA , passed the rule on allowing to have the e-tickets and the rule will be effective from June 1,2008 onwards.
Jet airways, services to 60 destinations in India and flights across the world. Jet Airways, recently started the direct flights from Chennai and Pune , the flight which connects via Bangalore.The new schedule of the flight New Delhi to Hong Kong will be launched soon.
Jet airways, became the first airline to start with the Bar-Coded Boarding Passes ( BCBP ) which means the boarding process gets scanned automatically by avoiding the manual boarding procedure. It will also handle many flights at a time with a single gate. BCBP was introduced in Singapore. In future to be introduced in Brussels and Hyderabad.
Jet Airways, just started with the facility of e-ticket in Kathmandu” International Web Check-in ” , has also be introduced for the passengers holding e-tickets can check in and print their boarding pass. The carrier had made it convinient for the passengers and routes which is based in Hong Kong, Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, Bangkok , Brussels and London.
In future, Jet Airways plan to extend their route in North America.
- All airline boarding passes now bar coded - Dec 16, 2010
- In Qatar, get your flight boarding pass on phone - Nov 30, 2011
- Oz considering banning electronic tickets, automatic baggage check-ins over security reasons - Jan 09, 2011
- Jet Airways to suspend Brussels-New York flight - Jun 15, 2012
- Despite strike, Air India passenger traffic grows - Jul 01, 2012
- India-Europe flights unaffected as of now - May 25, 2011
- Domestic flights' check-in opens on Airport Metro line - Jun 10, 2011
- Jet Airways introduces mobile ticketing - Jun 24, 2011
- New system soon to book train e-tickets - Sep 14, 2012
- In South Africa, you can book flights on mobile phones - Sep 30, 2010
- No growth in passenger traffic at Hyderabad airport - Aug 23, 2012
- Chaos at Delhi airport T-3 as IT systems fail - Dec 17, 2010
- Africa next target for Jet Airways with service to Johannesburg - Feb 16, 2010
- Chaos at Delhi airport's T-3 as IT systems fail (Lead) - Dec 17, 2010
- Panel to rationalise Air India's loss-making routes (Lead) - May 28, 2012