Air India Crash: Flight’s Black Box FoundMay 23rd, 2010 - 7:12 pm ICT by GD
By Ranjan Bhaduri
May 23, (THAINDIAN NEWS) The tragic Air India Express plane crash is hogging the headlines in the major papers and sites since yesterday. The ill-fated flight which took off from Dubai and was trying to land at Mangalore Airport yesterday morning accidentally overshot the runway and crashed into a valley beneath the hilly region. In the crash 158 passengers died and only 8 passengers survived since they managed to unfasten their seat belts. The plane literally turned into a ball of fire after it crashed and a lot of passengers who dies at the accident got charred badly. Some bodies have been charred beyond recognition. Air India has started an investigation and the search team has found the Black box a few hours back. It will reveal the real cause of the mishap.
The Black box which is alternatively known as flight recorder is considered useful in retrieving information regarding the cause of a plane accident. The Black box that has been located after extensive search will be brought to the DGCA accident lab in New Delhi. The investigators will examine it and find what exactly led to the accident. The accident has made the experts baffled since the weather at the time the plane was landing at Mangalore airport was quite pleasant and the pilot did not report any technical snag either to the airport control tower.
As per the latest reports, the Boeing experts will also help in deciphering the ill fated plane’s black box. Meanwhile a forensic team that has come from Hyderabad is conducting DNA tests on the dead bodies to determine their identities.
- Mangalore air crash: Black Box found - May 23, 2010
- 12 of 158 dead in Mangalore plane crash yet to be identified - May 23, 2010
- Black box of the ill-fated Air India Express flight recovered - May 25, 2010
- Mangalore air crash: DNA experts arrives as 26 bodies still unidentified - May 23, 2010
- Plane's black box found, kin bid loved ones adieu (Roundup) - May 23, 2010
- Search still on for Air India aircraft's black box - May 23, 2010
- Flight data recorder from crashed Air India plane recovered (Lead) - May 25, 2010
- Search for plane's flight data recorder to resume Tuesday (Lead) - May 24, 2010
- Flight data recorder of crashed Air India flight found - May 25, 2010
- Mangalore air crash: All bodies of victims recovered - May 23, 2010
- Search continues for plane's digital flight data recorder - May 24, 2010
- Pakistan to probe plane crash that killed 127 (Lead) - Apr 21, 2012
- Abu Dhabi man on crashed plane was going for mother's funeral - May 22, 2010
- Hunt still on for black box of crashed aircraft: Air India (Second Lead) - May 23, 2010
- She missed her flight, and is thankful! - May 22, 2010
Tags: air india, air india express, airport control tower, ball of fire, crash flight, dead bodies, dna tests, flight recorder, forensic team, hilly region, hyderabad, ill fated plane, mangalore airport, mishap, plane accident, plane crash, search team, seat belts, technical snag, yesterday morning