Air Force One At New Delhi’s IGI Airport NowNovember 7th, 2010 - 8:14 pm ICT by GD
By Ranjan Bhaduri
New Delhi, Nov 7, (THAINDIAN NEWS) Air Force One which is the official carrier of the president of USA has arrived at the IGI airport in New Delhi. However, the airport authorities have said that unlike in Mumbai the Air Force One’s stay at the New Delhi IGI airport will not cause much disruption to the regular flight operations. However, the hang glider and micro light aircrafts have been banned at the airport for some time. The Air Traffic Control ceased the movement of any commercial flight for a few minutes when the Air Force One landed at the airport.
A senior official of the Airports Authority of India said that the normal procedure regarding movement of a VVIP flight would be followed. The official also went on to say that this means that no flight movement is allowed three minutes before landing and three minutes after landing when the U.S President’s aircraft lands in the New Delhi airport. Needless to say, the security arrangements near and at the IGI airport in New Delhi has been beefed up to meet the highest possible standard. A number of additional CISF personnel have been kept ready at the airport. Even the Airport staffs were checked thoroughly before they got in. The Air Force One is equipped with latest safety features and even when it is at the airport provisions have been kept ready for emergency take off if it is required.
Before the arrival of the Air Force One, New Delhi police and other key security agencies had beefed up the security at the city side. The president will leave Tuesday morning as per the schedule and the New Delhi Airport will revert to normal operations. He has been received by Prime Minister Dr. Manmohan Singh at the airport.
- Airspace over Mumbai to be shut for Obama - Nov 04, 2010
- Malaysian flight makes emergency landing at Delhi airport - Feb 20, 2011
- Limited closure of airspace on CWG opening, closing - Sep 25, 2010
- Operations at IGI airport normal after aerobridge operators' strike (Lead) - Apr 13, 2012
- Operations at IGI airport normal after aerobridge operators' strike - Apr 13, 2012
- On World Cup day, Chandigarh airport tackles record 98 flights - Mar 30, 2011
- Pakistan PM's aircraft develops mid-air snag - May 06, 2011
- Faulty alarm causes GoAir flight to make emergency landing - Jun 06, 2011
- Kingfisher flight makes emergency landing in Delhi - Jul 02, 2011
- Air India to get demo-trial on Boeing 787 next week - Jul 06, 2011
- Air India flight skids off runway in Kanpur - Jul 20, 2011
- Turkish Airlines plane skids; Mumbai airport shut till Saturday - Sep 03, 2011
- Air India flight makes emergency landing in Pakistan (Lead, Changing dateline) - Jul 09, 2012
- Capital shivers, fog disrupts trains, flights (Third Lead) - Dec 19, 2011
- Dense fog affects road, rail, air traffic (Lead) - Dec 30, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,