25 injured after train derails in central IndiaMay 10th, 2011 - 1:41 am ICT by BNO News
NEW DELHI (BNO NEWS) — At least 25 passengers were injured on Monday when a train derailed in central India, Press Trust of India reported.
The six coaches of the Mumbai-Pratapgarh Udyog Nagri Express derailed near between Sourai and Sumer stations in the state of Madhya Pradesh. Following the accident, traffic was disrupted on the track connecting the state capital Bhopal with Delhi.
“At least 25 passengers suffered injuries in the mishap,” railway police official IP Arjaria said.
A medical team reached the spot and the injured were transfered to a hospital.
Last week, 27 people were injured in eastern India after a coal-laden goods train derailed, hitting a passenger train.
- 30 hurt as train derails in Madhya Pradesh - May 09, 2011
- Six wagons of coal-laden goods train derail in UP - Jun 20, 2012
- Train derails in Madhya Pradesh, villagers save lives (Lead) - May 09, 2011
- Goods train derails in Jharkhand, services affected - Oct 08, 2010
- 26 hurt in Orissa train collision, a few trains cancelled (Lead) - May 04, 2011
- 23 killed in two Madhya Pradesh accidents - Aug 01, 2011
- Goods train derails in Uttar Pradesh - Jul 12, 2010
- Maoist torch three coal trucks - Jun 15, 2011
- Goods train derails, no casualty - Jun 27, 2011
- Three dead as blast derails train in Pakistan - Aug 29, 2012
- Chronology of major Indian train accidents since 2000 - Jul 30, 2012
- 15 dead in Andhra train accident - May 22, 2012
- Train crash in South Africa kills 1, injures more than 80 - Apr 08, 2011
- Eight killed, 20 injured in Orissa accident (Lead) - Apr 09, 2010
- Four officials sacked as 18 kids die in accident - Nov 17, 2011
Tags: bhopal, bno, central india, eastern india, india press, medical team, mishap, mumbai, New Delhi, passenger train, police official, press trust of india, railway police, sumer, traffic, train derails, trust of india