16 pilgrims killed after truck falls into gorge in IndiaJuly 28th, 2012 - 8:00 pm ICT by BNO News
KASHMIR, INDIA (BNO NEWS) — Sixteen Hindu worshipers were killed when their truck fell into a gorge in Kashmir, India late Thursday, according to reports. Another sixteen were injured.
The truck was carrying 34 Amarnath pilgrims late Thursday evening when the vehicle lost control and rolled deep into a gorge about 50 kilometers from Jammu, India, according to the Indian Express.
According to Police, nine people had died before they reached the crash, the other seven that died passed away while being taken to the Government Medical College in Jammu.
On July 14th, a bus carrying pilgrims fell into a gorge on the Jammu-Srinagar National Highway. Fifteen people died in that accident.
- 10 pilgrims killed in Jammu accident - Jul 15, 2012
- 15 pilgrims killed in Jammu bus accident (Second Lead) - Jul 15, 2012
- 10 pilgrims killed in Jammu bus accident (Lead) - Jul 15, 2012
- 16 Amarnath devotees killed as truck falls into gorge (Second Lead) - Jul 27, 2012
- 16 pilgrims killed in Jammu - Jul 27, 2012
- 16 Amarnath pilgrims killed as truck falls into gorge (Lead) - Jul 27, 2012
- Six Amarnath pilgrims killed in road accident - Jul 03, 2010
- 15 Ladakh artists killed in Himachal bus accident - Aug 15, 2011
- Over dozen Amarnath pilgrims injured in cane charge - Jul 02, 2011
- Two killed in Kashmir bus accident - Jul 11, 2012
- 10 killed as bus falls into stream in Indian-administered Kashmir - Jul 31, 2011
- One-way traffic from Jammu to Srinagar Monday - Jan 23, 2012
- Amarnath pilgrimage resumes, 20,000 head for shrine (Lead) - Jul 04, 2011
- 13 killed in road accident in Jammu - May 30, 2012
- 9 killed in two road accidents in Jammu region - Mar 24, 2012