10 killed in factory fire in IndiaApril 29th, 2011 - 5:21 am ICT by BNO News
NEW DELHI, INDIA (BNO NEWS) — Ten people were killed after a fire broke out in a plastic factory in the Indian capital of New Delhi, the Hindustan Times reported Thursday.
The blaze erupted in the premises located in the Peeragarhi area of New Delhi on Wednesday evening. According to eyewitnesses, fire broke out on the first floor of the building when at least 30 people, including children working as casual laborers, were inside.
Firefighters battled for almost 12 hours to bring the blaze under control. The building is said to be stacked with cartons containing packed, plastic-based items such as slippers and shoes as well as flammable packaging material.
The cause of the fire is still unknown, but police initiated criminal proceedings against the unit’s owner.
- Ten killed in Delhi factory fire, Dikshit orders probe (Second Lead) - Apr 28, 2011
- Ten killed in Delhi factory fire, Dikshit orders probe (Third Lead) - Apr 29, 2011
- In pigeonhole factory units, livelihood comes first - Apr 29, 2011
- 10 people killed in Delhi factory fire (Lead) - Apr 28, 2011
- Delhi sets up task force to check fire safety norms - May 03, 2011
- 100 die in Pakistan as two factories go up in flames (Second Lead) - Sep 12, 2012
- Nine people killed in factory fire - Apr 28, 2011
- Factory gutted in Kolkata - Apr 01, 2012
- Fire in Kolkata factory, no casualties (Lead) - Dec 20, 2011
- Shoe factory fire victims identified; owner, manager held (Second Lead) - Apr 29, 2011
- Smoke and debris: Gutted shoe factory still hot - Apr 29, 2011
- 239 die as blaze engulfs two factories in Pakistan (Fourth Lead) - Sep 12, 2012
- Chandni Chowk blaze claims one life - Nov 30, 2010
- 135 die as flames engulf two factories in Pakistan (Third Lead) - Sep 12, 2012
- How many were caught in shoe factory fire? (Lead) - Apr 29, 2011
Tags: blaze, bno, cartons, criminal proceedings, eyewitnesses, factory fire, firefighters, hindustan times, laborers, new delhi india, news ten, packaging material, premises, shoes, slippers, wednesday evening