Zardari to clear names of Sindh ministersApril 7th, 2008 - 10:07 am ICT by admin
Karachi, Apr.7 (ANI): Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP) co-chairman Asif Ali Zardari is expected to give his approval to a list of Sindh ministers here today.
Sources told the Daily Times, that in first phase, twelve ministers would be appointed.
Pir Mazhar, Agha Siraj Durrani, Zulfiquar Mirza, Nadir Mangsi, Manzoor Wasan, Ayaz Soomro, Murad Ali Shah, Saifullah Dharejo, Shazia Murree, Rafique Engineer and Sasui Palejo are likely to be the ministers appointed, they said.
The Sindh cabinet will be sworn in on Tuesday. Meanwhile, Nisar Ahmad Khuhro and Shehla Raza of the Pakistan People’s Party will take oath as Speaker and Deputy Speaker of the Sindh Assembly today, The News reported. Both have been elected unopposed.
The Muttahida Qaumi Movement (MQM) had decided after an understanding with the PPP, not to contest the election for the offices of speaker, deputy speaker and the chief minister. The PML-Q, the PML-F and the NPP also said they would not put up candidates for these three posts.
Khuhro is the second PPP leader to be elected unopposed as the Speaker of the Sindh Assembly. Earlier Syed Abdullah Shah was elected as speaker in the year 1988, when the PPP and the MQM had formed an alliance.
Speaking after being elected on Sunday, Khuhro said he would prove that the PPP was a democratic party and would set good democratic traditions.
Shehla Raza said she would run the House according to rules and procedures. (ANI)
- Pir Pagara asks Gilani to 'quit honourably' as PPP loses majority - Jan 03, 2011
- Raja Pervez Ashraf is PPP candidate for PM's post (Lead) - Jun 22, 2012
- Pakistan elects senators (Lead) - Mar 02, 2012
- After threat to Zardari, PML-N offices set ablaze - Oct 30, 2011
- Gilani condemns murder of three Hindu doctors - Nov 09, 2011
- Raja Pervez Ashraf elected Pakistan's 25th PM (Lead) - Jun 22, 2012
- Hindu legislator resigns in Pakistan - Jan 29, 2011
- MQM set to rejoin PPP-led Pak coalition govt - Jan 07, 2011
- Hindu legislator quits in Pakistan, shifts to India (Lead) - Jan 29, 2011
- Another setback for Pakistan government as MQM parts ways (Lead) - Dec 28, 2010
- PML-N sees end of PPP-led Pak Govt - Jan 03, 2011
- Cracks widen in Pakistan's ruling coalition, key ally quits - Dec 21, 2010
- 'Worried' Zardari goes into overdrive to resolve PPP-MQM standoff - Nov 29, 2009
- Pakistan's ruling party, PML-Q try to corner Nawaz Sharif - Oct 27, 2010
- Hindu member of Pak Sindh Assembly flees to India for safety after getting life threats - Jan 30, 2011
Tags: agha, ali shah, asif ali zardari, democratic traditions, deputy speaker, durrayaz, manzoor, mazhar, mqm, murad ali, muttahida qaumi movement, npp, pakistan peoples party, pml, shazia, siraj, soomro, wasan, zulfiquar