Zaidi takes charge as new Civil Aviation SecretaryNovember 30th, 2010 - 7:51 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Nov.30 (ANI).Dr. Nasim Ahmad Zaidi has assumed charge as the new secretary in the civil aviation ministry. He takes over from M. Madhavan Nambiar, who has superannuated.
Dr. Zaidi belongs to the 1976 batch of the Indian Administrative Service (IAS). He was previously the Director General of Civil Aviation (DGCA).
Prior to this assignment, Dr. Zaidi served as the Permanent Representative of India to the Council of ICAO since 2005. Before that he was Joint Secretary in the Ministry of Civil Aviation.
Nambiar belongs to the 1974 batch of the Indian Administrative Service (IAS). He was the Civil Aviation Secretary for a period of 26 months and 13 days. (ANI)
- Nasim Ahmad Zaidi is new election commissioner - Aug 07, 2012
- Air India chief Jadhav being axed - Aug 12, 2011
- Srivastava named civil aviation secretary - Jul 26, 2012
- Foreign airlines to invest in civil aviation under Consideration: official - Mar 15, 2011
- 'Full-time aviation watchdog chief by July-end' - Jul 11, 2012
- Shashi Kant Sharma next defence secretary - Jul 07, 2011
- 'India, US aviation cooperation to grow' - Jul 19, 2011
- President to inaugurate civil aviation conference in Mumbai - Oct 14, 2011
- India seeks more code-sharing to boost travel to Canada - Jul 01, 2011
- India, US to sign aviation safety agreement - Jul 14, 2011
- 'India following global aviation safety norms' - Sep 23, 2009
- US, India sign aviation safety pact - Nov 17, 2011
- Hira new Himachal chief secretary - Mar 31, 2012
- No plans to order closure of any airline: DGCA - Jul 12, 2012
- Shashi Kant Sharma takes over as Secretary in Finance Ministry - Feb 09, 2011