YouTubes ”play back” tool keeps a check on inane commentersOctober 11th, 2008 - 6:22 pm ICT by ANI
London, Oct 11 (ANI): In a move to improve the quality of discussion on its pages, YouTube has launched a new feature, called audio preview, to humiliate commenters by making them listen to their posts before they submit them.
The ”play back” feature is mainly aimed at embarrassing inane commenters into rethinking their posts.
The feature first appeared as a joke in a popular web comic some time back, but what looks like, the video-sharing site has taken the suggestion rather seriously, reports the Telegraph.
Whoever posts a comment on a YouTube video will now be able to hear what they have written read back at them, all they need to so is press a button beneath their words.
There has been no official explanation of the tool on the official YouTube blog, where most new features are trailed.
However, YouTubes comment section has long been known for its notoriety and for hosting some of the most mindless discussions on the Internet.
The websites comments section is laden with excessive punctuation, poor spelling and swearing.
In fact, the website is home to debates about even the most inconsequential videos, which may result into over the top slanging matches, many with a xenophobic undercurrent.
The comment blocker, which is only available for people using the Firefox browser, has already earned rave reviews from YouTube regulars. (ANI)
- YouTube launches iPhone app with advertisements - Sep 12, 2012
- J&K; wants anti-Islam video blocked - Sep 14, 2012
- Firefox 3.6 to be released tomorrow - why bother? - Jan 21, 2010
- Now internet users can watch who is spying on them - Mar 02, 2012
- Co-founder of YouTube steps down as CEO - Oct 30, 2010
- Firefox 3.6 released - why bother? - Jan 22, 2010
- YouTube to 'improve search techniques on site' - Nov 11, 2010
- YouTube increases video upload limit to 15 minutes - Aug 01, 2010
- YouTube pays 100,000 pounds for British family's video - Nov 14, 2011
- Creating content for Youtube: Madonna's new job - Oct 31, 2011
- YouTube to show British royal wedding live - Apr 20, 2011
- Gaga becomes 1st musician to attract over 1bn video views on YouTube - Oct 26, 2010
- Justin Bieber Is The Most Popular Artiste On YouTube! - Dec 14, 2010
- Hackers attack website of court that jailed Pussy Riot - Aug 21, 2012
- 36 hours of videos uploaded on YouTube every minute - Feb 16, 2011
Tags: audio preview, back feature, blog, commenters, comments section, debates, firefox browser, joke, london, new feature, new features, notoriety, oct 11, poor spelling, punctuation, regulars, suggestion, telegraph, undercurrent, youtube video