Young women more ”promiscuous” than menDecember 9th, 2008 - 1:33 pm ICT by ANI
London, Dec 9 (ANI): Young women are becoming more promiscuous, with more sexual partners than men, according to a new survey.
By the age of 21 they have had sex with an average of nine lovers - two more than their male partner.
The poll of 2,000 by the magazine More also revealed that one in four young women has slept with more than 10 people, compared with one in five men who had done the same.
Young women are also twice as likely to be unfaithful, with 50 per cent admitting they have cheated on a partner - half at least twice.
The survey follows an academic study branded Britain one of the casual sex capitals of the Western world, with residents having more one-night stands and more liberal attitudes than those in Australia, France, the Netherlands, Italy and the US.
“Our results show that after decades of lying back and thinking of England, today’’s twenty-something women are taking control of their sex lives and getting what they want in bed,” the Telegraph quoted Lisa Smosarski, the editor of More, as saying.
The survey found that only 1 per cent of young women said that they would wait until marriage to have sex, with the majority losing their virginity at 16.
More than 50 percent said that they were not in love with their first partner, and only one in three believe it is important to be in love with someone before going to bed with them.
Seven out of 10 said they had had a one-night stand, with a fifth admitting to having had more than five casual encounters.
Also, 60 per cent said they would be prepared to do a “kiss-and-tell”, and would sell their account of a one-night-stand with a famous person for 20,000 pounds.
Four out of 10 said they would marry for money or sleep with their boss if it meant they would get promoted, while a quarter would have an affair with a married man.
The survey also found young women are taking “huge risks” with their health, with 38 per cent not using a condom with a new partner and 16 per cent having contracted a sexually transmitted disease.
However the respondents still claimed they are not having as much sex as they would like, with 13 per cent claiming their love life is “disappointing” and a further 10 per cent calling it “non-existent”.
The survey also found that the average young woman has sex three times a week but would prefer to do it five times. (ANI)
- Women 'get drunk before having sex because they lack confidence' - Mar 13, 2011
- Why men like 'dumb-looking' women - May 24, 2012
- British women admit one-night stands on holidays - Jun 19, 2012
- Younger women regret one-night stands more than their older counterparts - Nov 16, 2010
- It's official! Marriage is bad for your sex life - Aug 26, 2010
- Your prince charming is 22 kisses away - Mar 18, 2011
- Aussies want more sex, reveals survey - Feb 05, 2011
- More than quarter of young men, women in US are still virgins - Mar 05, 2011
- One in four born to cheat partners - Dec 03, 2010
- Having a fling or one-night stand 'can give you a heart attack' - Mar 23, 2011
- Cheryl Cole tops list of celebs women would let their men sleep with - May 01, 2010
- 1 in 5 women prefer tasty treat than partner's lips on Valentine's Day - Feb 11, 2011
- Half of Brit women avoid sex because of their weight - Mar 12, 2011
- Your Mr. Right is 22 kisses, 5 heartbreaks away: Study - Mar 17, 2011
- She blunders through to find her Prince Charming - Mar 17, 2011
Tags: academic study, capitals, casual encounters, casual sex, famous person, five men, liberal attitudes, male partner, married man, new partner, new survey, night stand, one night stands, sex lives, sexual partners, survey found that, thinking of england, using a condom, virginity, young women