Young prodigy in Jodhpur performs many dangerous featsNovember 14th, 2007 - 1:49 am ICT by admin
She can also dive into deep wells with as much ease, taking a mere 15 minutes to do so with the help of an ordinary rope.
Furthermore, Rajni is unafraid of the many poisonous snakes that live in the 40-feet deep wells.
“I can climb a tree, go deep down into the well, swim and also can catch the snakes that are there in the well. I am mot scared of doing these things andy uncle helps me,” said Rajni.
Rajni trains under the guidance of her uncle, Narender Gahlot, and has mastered the art of swimming in deep water bodies.
Though her family was initially scared as well as astonished at Rajni’s feats but today they offer her all encouragement.
“When she was just two years old, I used to find it weird that a girl so young does such dangerous things. But when I realized that she has the talent in her, I started encouraging her. She learnt swiming even before she started walking properly,” said Narender Gahlot.
There are numerous prodigies in India like P. Hari Krishna, the country’s youngest-ever chess grandmaster in 2001, and the Mysore brothers - Nagaraj and Manjunath, who gave their first violin concerts at the ages of 10 and 9 respectively.
Human calculator Shakuntala Devi was also a child prodigy as was Srinivasaamanujan (1887-1920), who had mastered trigonometry at the age of twelve.
Rajni appears the next to join this long list of achiever.(ANI)
- British granny catches deadliest snake by hood - Sep 06, 2012
- Jodhpur-Pali-Marwar to be the second node of DMIC in Rajasthan - Apr 30, 2011
- Woman, paramour held for husband's murder - Apr 21, 2011
- This spider eats the snake - Mar 01, 2012
- Para-athlete Prasanta Karmakar lashes out at Bengal, Railways - Jul 30, 2011
- Chinese pregnant woman saves toddler - Jun 11, 2012
- Golden girl in Paralympic pool - Sep 05, 2012
- Woman pulls 4.5 tonne Jeeps with hair - Feb 20, 2012
- Birds scare Scarlett - Dec 16, 2011
- World No. 1 Wang out of China Open, in tears - Nov 25, 2011
- Pranab's village in Bengal celebrates his candidature - Jun 15, 2012
- Woman booked for husband's suicide - May 15, 2011
- Rajasthan woman approaches court to annul child marriage - Jun 12, 2012
- Jill Scott loses 50 pounds - May 18, 2011
- Chinese swimming team get hero's welcome - Aug 07, 2012
Tags: astonished, chess grandmaster, child prodigy, dangerous things, deep wells, first violin, go deep, hari krishna, human calculator, jodhpur, mastered the art, mot, mysore, poisonous snakes, prodigies, rajni, shakuntala devi, swiming, tall towers, water bodies