Young Indian poets, storywriters mesmerize audience with their skillsMay 4th, 2011 - 11:24 am ICT by ANI
New Delhi, May 4 (ANI): Young Indian poets and short story writers mesmerized audience here with their literary and oratory skills at the Sahitya Akademi here.
Poets like Abhay K, Brijesh Ambar and Alka Tyagi read their most recent works on Tuesday at Sahitya Akademi Literary Forum amidst the presence of many notable figures in the audience. Writer Subhkant Behera and Ansal Kusum also read out their short stories.
Author, poet, artist and diplomat Abhay’s poems focused on existential issues of the mankind, power play pervasive in our every day life as well as on themes such as now and eternity, death and immortality etc.
Brijesh Ambar read his Urdu couplets while Alka Tyagi read her Hindi poem “Om Namah Shivay”.
Oriya writer Subhkanta Behera read his short story “Desh Seva” while writer Ansal Kusum presented her story “Kabutaron Ki Dastan”. (ANI)
- Contemporary poets, storywriters to exhibit their oratory skills at Sahitya Akademi - May 02, 2011
- Sahitya Akademi to honour four northeastern writers - Aug 04, 2011
- Assamese poet Hiren Bhattacharyya passes away - Jul 04, 2012
- Ajneya a litterateur similar to Tagore: Hamid Ansari - Feb 22, 2012
- Tagore gala begins in Spain with book, culture blitz - Sep 13, 2011
- Eminent Bengali writer passes away - Sep 04, 2012
- Today's children want to burst into poetry: Ruskin Bond (Interview) (With image) - Jun 19, 2012
- Odes to turbulent times, from India's 'bhasa' poets - May 22, 2012
- Diplomat delights with poetry of promise (IANS Book Review) - Nov 07, 2011
- Kusum Ansal foundation awards new Hindi, Tamil authors - Jul 11, 2012
- For Bengalis, Tagore still the man for all seasons - May 07, 2011
- Life of Rabindranath Tagore at a glance - May 08, 2011
- Lucknow, poetry, gripping fiction on bookshelf (IANS Books This Week) - Nov 03, 2011
- Film 'Panchvati' introduced me to Buddhism: Deepti Naval - Nov 28, 2011
- Poetry at the monument in Delhi - Jun 09, 2012
Tags: alka, behera, brijesh, couplets, death and immortality, diplomat, eternity, existential issues, hindi poem, indian poets, literary forum, New Delhi, oratory, poet artist, sahitya akademi, seva, shivay, short story, story writers, tyagi