Young designers make their debut in India Fashion WeekMarch 20th, 2009 - 10:26 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Mar 20 (ANI): Many young and enthusiastic designers made their debut at the ongoing Wills Lifestyle India Fashion Week here on Friday.
The Fashion Design Council of India (FDCI) has handpicked and provided the platform to some young and talented designers to showcase their collection.
Fresh and bubbly duo, Jenjum and Jasleen showcased their collection From Dawn to Dusk, which was about the chaos of the evening, the stillness of the night, the calm of the dawn and the burst of colours.
The intriguing combinations of colours gave the collection an entire spectrum of unusual shades.
We did two seasons in the fashion week of Mumbai but we moved here as we are Delhi based. Its really difficult to do shows in Mumbai. This is the main reason we moved to Delhi, Jenjum said.
A young and effervescent designer, Yuvraj Siddharth Nagpal marked his debut with a very orient inspired collection Threading together the Zen like calm of Buddhism.
Yuvrajs supreme refreshing line had shades of Indian culture with a twinge of the west. His collection of vibrant hues like blues, greens, rusts and browns made a scintillating statement over soft silk and woolen ensembles and somewhere represented his own self.
My mind was saying that I have to make something what I can relate to. I dont think its just to create something. I think the clothes designed were very much close to what I can relate to, Yuvraj said.
Sharing his thoughts on this initiative, FDCI President Sunil Sethi said, I loved it. I think FDCI is all about promoting young talent. So Wills India Fashion Week is a great platform.
With 102 designers and around 175 buyers, Wills Lifestyle India Fashion Week is Indias premier fashion extravaganza, which brings together the business of fashion and expert designers as well as connoisseurs of lifestyle on a common platform.
This gala event will conclude on March 23. (ANI)
- 63 designers finalised for WIFW spring/summer edition - Sep 14, 2012
- Japanese designers to showcase at WIFW - Feb 07, 2012
- WIFW: Celebrating 60 years of Indo-Japan ties through fashion - Feb 18, 2012
- Wills Lifestyle India Fashion Week begins Oct 23 - Sep 20, 2010
- Designer Soni showcases 'cocktail' collection at Delhi's Wills Fashion Week - Oct 26, 2010
- Shantanu-Nikhil to open WIFW 2012 - Jan 31, 2012
- Fashion weeks don't drive business: Former FDCI chief - Oct 02, 2011
- WIFW widens horizon - fuses fashion with social cause (IANS Preview) - Feb 14, 2012
- Thumbs up for Tokyo fashion week from Indian designers - Feb 18, 2012
- Jaipur boy wins sixth edition of 'The Debut' - Mar 01, 2012
- JJ Valaya is WIFW 2012 finale designer - Feb 02, 2012
- If Deepika Padukone has a Christian wedding - Oct 11, 2011
- Rajesh Pratap's designs to bring curtains down at WIFW - Mar 06, 2010
- Image, moods of India dominates Day Two designer collections at Wills Fashion Week - Oct 27, 2010
- WIFW Autumn/Winter 2012 to start Feb 15 - Dec 02, 2011
Tags: dawn to dusk, expert designers, fashion design council of india, fashion extravaganza, fdci, gala event, india fashion week, indian culture, indias, intriguing combinations, jasleen, nagpal, rusts, soft silk, stillness of the night, sunil sethi, talented designers, vibrant hues, wills india fashion week, wills lifestyle india fashion week