Wrinkles dont make women less attractive to menOctober 9th, 2008 - 5:54 pm ICT by ANI
London, Oct 9 (ANI): Fear that the ugly looking wrinkles on the face can rip off your attractiveness quotient? Well, then you need a reality check, for men are more likely to get attracted to older-looking faces, according to a science journalist.
In her fascinating new book, Do Gentlemen Really Prefer Blondes? American science journalist Jena Pincott collates scores of academic studies, to say that wrinkles do not make a woman appear less attractive to the opposite sex.
In scientific tests, men were asked who they saw as a potential partner for a short-term relationship. As it turned out, they gave low attractiveness ratings to older-looking faces.
That, according to the researchers, is because men are biased towards youthful-looking women with childbearing years ahead, which prompts them to marry younger women.
But, ironically, if a mans mother was over 30 when he was born, he tended to be more tolerant of ageing in womens faces in the context of a long-term relationship.
It was only the mothers age at his birth, not the fathers, which influenced a mans acceptance of older looking womens faces.
According to the researchers, such a tendency owes itself to sexual inprinting, the tendency for a person to seek a mate who resembles his or her opposite-sex parent. (ANI)
- Most women prefer men with feminine shaped faces: Study - Apr 25, 2011
- Feminine looks in men more likely to be hit with women - Apr 25, 2011
- Why men find bigger boobs sexier - Oct 09, 2008
- The science behind beautiful faces revealed - Dec 22, 2010
- It's official: Men look at women's faces over bodies for marriage - Sep 15, 2010
- Empathy, self-esteem enhance sexual enjoyment - Jun 05, 2011
- Why men may remain monogamous despite temptation - Feb 23, 2011
- Its official: high heels do make you look sexy - Oct 09, 2008
- Keep smiling to look young - Nov 11, 2011
- Men attracted to older women: Sharon Stone - Jul 13, 2012
- Few pegs make people seem more enticing - Apr 02, 2012
- Male twin sibling ups mental rotation performance in females - Sep 08, 2010
- Lowering voice is the secret to seduction - May 21, 2010
- Women prefer gold hued skin rather than masculine face - Feb 12, 2012
- Why women get attracted to men who look like their father - Sep 23, 2010
Tags: academic studies, ageing, american science, attractiveness, blondes, childbearing years, faces, fear, gentlemen, inprinting, jena, long term relationship, mate, quotient, reality check, science journalist, sex parent, tendency, wrinkles, younger women