Workshop on use of textiles in agriculture to begin todaySeptember 18th, 2009 - 10:45 am ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Sept 18 (ANI): The Ministry of Textiles and the Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI) will jointly organise a workshop on use of textiles in agriculture here today.
Over 100 delegates from various sectors like agriculture, the State Governments, agricultural universities, forest departments and institutes will attend the workshop.
The technical textiles are used in agriculture to fabricate shade-nets, crop-covers, mulch-nets, anti-hail nets, bird protection nets, fishing nets and greenhouse covers. The use of these items is very limited in the context of Indian agriculture.
The objective of the workshop is to sensitize stakeholders about myriad applications of technical textiles in agriculture and environmental engineering.
It will also create awareness amongst the stakeholders about the benefits of these items.
The workshop will also focus on various rules/legislations that need to be amended to facilitate the use of these textiles in various applications.
Technical textiles products used in the agriculture are known as Agrotech and those used for environmental protection are called Oekotech.
The major applications of Oekotech are for landfill waste management. It includes products used to prevent leakage of municipal or hazardous waste in landfills and suitable use of waste.
The consumption of these technical textiles products remains limited despite their perceived benefits.
With rapid urbanisation, the waste management has become major issue in India and Oekotech applications provide an effective way of managing the waste in an environment friendly manner. (ANI)
- Workshop in Delhi on use of textiles in agriculture - Sep 17, 2009
- Technical textile industry deserves tax sops: FICCI - Dec 26, 2010
- Rs.5,000-crore investment expected in technical textiles - Aug 12, 2009
- South Africa uses metro to carry waste to landfills - Nov 06, 2011
- Textile sector remains core to the Indian economy: Minister - Aug 26, 2011
- Buckingham Palace looking for a royal gardener - Feb 07, 2011
- Financial subsidy for textiles sector to continue in 12th plan - Aug 25, 2011
- Earth Soul to make composters that convert waste into fuel - Mar 06, 2012
- New technology to recycle most challenging Christmas plastic wrapping - Dec 26, 2010
- Scientist calls for tripling India's food production - Apr 20, 2011
- Technical textiles industry to grow to Rs.1.4 trillion by 2017 - Aug 25, 2011
- World Bank to study Delhi's waste-to-energy plant - Jun 03, 2011
- Smart fabric to prevent thefts? - Sep 11, 2012
- Ghana turns to India to fight mountains of waste - Jul 22, 2011
- Govt. funding for tech textile research will give fillip to sunrise industry: Official - Feb 23, 2011
Tags: agricultural universities, agrotech, bird protection, chambers of commerce, chambers of commerce and industry, ficci, fishing nets, forest departments, hazardous waste, indian agriculture, indian chambers of commerce, landfill waste, landfills, legislations, mulch, myriad applications, rapid urbanisation, state governments, technical textiles, textiles products