Worker pinches PS42k from bank after being firedJune 24th, 2008 - 1:44 pm ICT by ANI
London, June 24 (ANI): The age-old adageonce bitten twice shy does not hold true for a Barclays employee, who was once sacked under suspicion for stealing cash, and still pinched 42,000 pounds of the bank just because his bosses forgot to take his keys back.
Lavern Rhodes was fired from Barclays as the bank bossed suspected him over a missing 10,000 pounds.
However, he swiped a bigger hand when he came back after four weeks to find the alarm codes unchanged and thus pilfered the safe.
Next day, the Police got hold of the cash in the kitchen of this Bedford resident, reports The Sun.
Rhodes later admitted his theft the local magistrates and may be sentenced next month. (ANI)
- Banker woman dreamt of modelling with stolen $72,000 - Jul 17, 2012
- Bride jailed for over $315,000 fraud for marriage - Jun 20, 2012
- Barclays chief executive gets 6.5 mn pounds bonus - Mar 07, 2011
- Law executive jailed for stealing half-million pounds - Jan 28, 2012
- Thieves decamp with bank's CCTV camera - Sep 19, 2010
- RBI governor meets Mukherjee ahead of policy review - Apr 03, 2012
- Mourinho eyes Man City striker Manu on loan - Jan 04, 2011
- One-armed bandit jailed after robbing for 35 years - Dec 19, 2011
- Security firm employee held for ATM thefts in Delhi - May 30, 2012
- US cellphone carriers check out mobile payments - Aug 03, 2010
- Post office boss Amritpal Mehat pretended to be dumb to escape punishment for theft - Jul 12, 2012
- Chinese robber gets 13-year jail term - Mar 19, 2012
- iPhone swipe enough to pay for your shopping - Jan 27, 2011
- Inflation still above acceptable levels: Subbarao - Jun 19, 2012
- New bonus rules for British banks, more in store - Jul 08, 2010