Women and Child Development Ministry team sent to Mangalore for pub attack caseFebruary 1st, 2009 - 11:22 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Feb.1 (ANI): The Women and Child Development Ministry on Sunday opted to send a two-member team to have an on-the-spot assessment of the incident.
The Ministry on Sunday sent a two-member team led by Joint Secretary Kiran Chada to Mangalore on a fact-finding mission, sources said. A deputy secretary in the ministry is the another member of the team that would visit the pub where young women and men were attacked allegedly by activists of Shri Ram Sena last week.
The NCW team, which went to Mangalore, had reportedly not submitted its report and the decision to send a new team was taken in view of the urgency of the matter.
Earlier, a three-member National Commission for Women (NCW) team had visited to Mangalore on a fact-finding mission in the vigilante put attack case.
On Saturday, the 28 Shri Rama Sene activists, including its president, Pramod Muthalik, and State vice-president Prasad Attavara, were released on conditional bail by Judicial Magistrate First Class II K.S. Vijaya. The accused were released after each of them provided Rs. 25,000 bail bond and the surety of one financially solvent person.
The bail does not alter Mr. Muthaliks judicial custody in the Mangalore sub-jail as the Suntikoppa police (Madikeri district) have issued a body warrant to the jail authorities demanding that he be handed over. (ANI)
- Court denies bail to Shri Ram Sena chief - Jan 30, 2009
- Action against those inviting Muthalik to Goa: CM - Jul 18, 2012
- Goa CM dismisses Sri Ram Sene chief as inconsequential - Jun 27, 2012
- NCW rejects report on Mangalore pub attack - Feb 06, 2009
- Mangalore hooligans get bail, their leader promises to behave (Lead) - Jan 31, 2009
- Muthalik will be arrested if he enters Goa: Parrikar (Lead) - Jul 18, 2012
- Rama Sene founder sent to jail for a day - Jan 29, 2009
- Sri Ram Sene Chief Pramod Muthalik banned from Mangalore - Mar 16, 2009
- Girls thrashed at Karnataka's Mangalore for partying - Jul 28, 2012
- Bhushan assault accused sent to jail for a day - Oct 13, 2011
- Rama Sene chief apologises for Mangalore attack (Lead) - Jan 28, 2009
- Mangalore pub attack: Muthalik, 27 supporters get bail - Jan 31, 2009
- Renuka Chowdhury sends team to probe Mangalore pub incident - Feb 01, 2009
- Mangalore court rejects Rama Sene chief's bail plea - Jan 30, 2009
- Mangalore pub attack victims stay away from ministry team (Lead) - Feb 01, 2009
Tags: activists, bail bond, chada, child development, deputy secretary, development ministry, fact finding mission, jail authorities, judicial custody, judicial magistrate, member team, ministry team, New Delhi, prasad, rama, sene, state vice president, surety, vigilante, women and men