Woman held in Jammu and Kashmir for helping LeTMarch 18th, 2009 - 4:32 pm ICT by IANS
Jammu, March 18 (IANS) A woman was arrested Wednesday for providing logistic support to militants of the Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT) outfit in the mountainous Doda district of Jammu and Kashmir, the police said.
The woman, identified as 35-year-old Suraiya Begum, a resident of Thathri in Doda district, some 175 km north-east of Jammu, was arrested by the police following a tip off.
Doda’s Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) Prabhat Singh said: “The police got information about this lady harbouring and giving logistic support to militants.
“The police conducted a raid and arrested Begum from whom five mobile SIM cards and some cash was recovered. She used to work for the Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT) militant outfit.”
- Two LeT militants surrender in Kashmir - Aug 22, 2010
- Two LeT militants killed in shootout - Feb 26, 2012
- LeT terrorist killed in Kashmir, commander escapes - May 25, 2011
- Two militants, woman associate killed in Jammu and Kashmir - Jul 17, 2009
- LeT wiped out from three Jammu districts: Police - Aug 04, 2011
- Lashkar module busted in Poonch - May 20, 2012
- Court extends remand of Sopore woman student - Jul 20, 2011
- Two LeT guerrillas killed in Kashmir gunfight - Jun 16, 2011
- LeT militant killed in Jammu and Kashmir - May 24, 2011
- LeT militant held for beheading Congress leader - May 21, 2011
- Top LeT terrorist held in Kashmir - Jul 17, 2010
- 11 terror suspects held, 'catastrophe' averted: Karnataka Police (Lead) - Aug 30, 2012
- Hostage rescued, gunfight starts in Kashmir (Lead) - Jul 15, 2011
- LeT now targets local youths with passports: Police - Mar 02, 2012
- Kashmir police busts Lashkar module - Jan 05, 2012