Witness identifies AK-47 rifle used by KasabMay 11th, 2009 - 5:22 pm ICT by ANI
Mumbai, May 11 (ANI): The first witness in the Mumbai terror attack case on Monday identified the AK-47 rifle that was used by Mohammed Ajmal Amir Kasab, the lone surviving terrorist, on November 26, 2008.
Police Sub-Inspector Bhaskar Kadam had seen Kasab firing from a AK-47 rifle at Assistant Sub-Inspector Tukaram Omble, who fell to the bullets.
Kadam also identified two pistols, made from a company named Nedi Frontier Arms based in Pakistan.
Besides, Kadam also identified Abu Ismail’s clothes. Ismail was with Kasab on the day of the terror attack.
All these evidences were produced in the special court here today.
Earlier, the court had charged Kasab with waging war against India.
Eight-six charges, including common and individual were framed against Kasab by the special court. He was also charged under the Explosives Act and the Arms Act.
Kasab pleaded not guilty to the charges framed against him by the special court.
“I do not accept the charges,” he said.
Charges were also framed against him under the Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act, the Custom Act, the Foreigners Act, the Prevention of Damage to Public Properties Act, conspiracy, murder, attempt to murder and causing grievous injury. (ANI)
- Two more eyewitnesses to be examined in Kasab case today - May 12, 2009
- First witness to Mumbai attacks identifies Kasab - May 08, 2009
- Second witness testifies against Kasab - May 12, 2009
- Kasab: He first took to crime, then to jehad - Aug 29, 2012
- Kasab said he was 21: fourth witness - May 13, 2009
- Father's courage paid off, says braveheart Omble's daughter (Lead) - May 06, 2010
- Death for Kasab 18 months after 26/11 (Roundup) - May 06, 2010
- Pakistani Kasab guilty of 26/11, Indians absolved (Roundup) - May 03, 2010
- First witness deposes in 26/11 Mumbai attacks case - May 08, 2009
- He caught Kasab - only to go away forever, says family (One Year After 26/11) - Nov 21, 2009
- Timeline of case against Kasab - Aug 29, 2012
- Kasab guilty of 26/11, Indians absolved (Second Intro Roundup) - May 03, 2010
- 26/11 case: Nikam says he will challenge acquittal of co-accused - May 03, 2010
- Judge orders Kasab to behave in court - May 11, 2009
- 'Perverse' 26/11 attacker Kasab's death penalty upheld for attacking Indian state (Intro Roundup) - Feb 21, 2011
Tags: ajmal, ak 47 rifle, amir, bhaskar, bullets, conspiracy, custom act, evidences, explosives act, foreigners, frontier, ismail, kadam, mohammed, mumbai, murder attempt, prevention act, terror attack, two pistols, witness