Wipro BPO to set up business shared services centre in Curitiba, BrazilOctober 31st, 2008 - 8:13 pm ICT by ANI
Bangalore, Oct 31 (ANI/Business Wire India): Wipro Technologies, the global IT services business of Wipro Limited announced that its Business Process Outsourcing division, Wipro BPO, is setting up a Shared Services centre for AmBev, the largest brewery company in Latin America with leading brands like Brahma, Becks, Stella and Antarctica.
The Shared Services Centre will provide services to AmBev across Latin America in the areas of Finance and Accounting, Order Management, Customer Services and HR Services. The partnership is expected to provide significant financial benefits and leverage transformation opportunities across AmBev operations in the region. These services will be provided from Wipro’’s facility at Curitiba in Brazil.
Renato Nahas Batista, Zonal Vice President at AmBev said, “The partnership with Wipro will focus on transforming the existing Shared Service Centre and provide services across Latin America for AmBev. We are happy to be a part of Wipro’’s expansion plans for Brazil and Latin America”.
“Wipro’’s capability to transform processes, implement SAP and provide world class service delivery is a strength that is unmatched by competition. Our robust delivery structure combines process, quality and finance and accounting expertise along with SAP consultants. This forms a team that can provide end to end service and take complete ownership”, says Ashutosh Vaidya, Head, Wipro BPO.
Wipro’’s Consumer Products Industry practice has a team for Food and Beverage industry with over 400 well-qualified associates. This division focuses on helping Food and Beverage companies re-engineer the way they meet end consumer’’s needs through Information Technology solutions.
Wipro BPO is a critical partner to its customers in achieving their business goals. Over 20,000 people, operate out of 9 different locations (India and Eastern Europe). Wipro BPO services customers in various industries including Banking and Capital Markets, Insurance, Travel and Hospitality, Hi-Tech Manufacturing, Telecom and Healthcare sectors. Wipro BPO also has deep expertise in delivering process specific solutions in areas like Finance and Accounting, Procurement, HR Services, Loyalty Services and Knowledge Services. (ANI)
- Wipro opens BPO centre in Brazil for Latin firm - Oct 31, 2008
- India, China to see growth in BPO sector by 2015 - Aug 22, 2011
- Wipro unveils global delivery centre in Brazil - Mar 25, 2010
- Infosys to acquire management consultancy firm Lodestone - Sep 10, 2012
- Australian mining firm picks Wipro for IT solution - Jun 15, 2012
- Brazil fines AmBev $176 mn for anti-competitive practices - Jul 23, 2009
- Wipro unveils cloud solution for HR processes - Jan 23, 2012
- Infosys to expand back office operations in Poland - Sep 06, 2010
- Court awards damages to man forced to party with hookers - Sep 05, 2012
- Qatar Airways signs pact with Wipro for IT solutions (Lead) - Sep 13, 2012
- WNS to acquire back office in South Africa - Jun 22, 2012
- Indian outsourcing industry to grow 23.2 percent: Report - Apr 12, 2011
- Infosys opens development centre in Brazil - Dec 15, 2009
- Wipro bags customer excellence award - Nov 29, 2011
- Qatar Airways signs pact with Wipro for IT solutions - Sep 12, 2012
Tags: areas of finance, becks, bpo services, business process outsourcing, critical partner, curitiba brazil, delivery structure, expansion plans, food and beverage companies, food and beverage industry, hr services, information technology solutions, latin america, leading brands, nahas, order management, sap consultants, shared service centre, wipro limited, wipro technologies