Wipro appoints country head for FranceOctober 7th, 2008 - 8:05 pm ICT by ANI
Bangalore , Oct 7 (ANI/Business Wire India ): Wipro Technologies, the global IT services business of Wipro Limited (NYSE:WIT) announced the appointment of Christophe Martinoli as the Country Head for its France operations.
This appointment further strengthens and enhances Wipro’’s leadership capabilities in the global markets that it operates in with special focus on Europe .
In his role as the country head, Christophe will concentrate on defining a unified strategy for the France market, help build Wipro as a brand of choice and further enhance Wipro’’s image as a client facing global organization. In the past few years, Christophe has been in various leadership roles within Wipro. He led the sales efforts for the Manufacturing business and also handled strategic key accounts in the French market.
Christophe carries with him a rich experience of over 18 years across a spectrum of management roles. Beginning his career as a Product Manager with Atos in 1990 Christophe took charge of various leadership roles in leading technology organisations like Sun Microsystems, Alcatel, Sema Group and Steria to name a few.
We are pleased that Christophe is taking on the role as Country Head with immediate effect. Christophe has in his previous roles at Wipro, exhibited undeniable drive and leadership, said Ayan Mukerji, Chief Sales and Operations Officer, Europe , Wipro Technologies. His appointment further strengthens Wipro’’s commitment to the French market.
Commenting on his appointment, Christophe said, I am really excited about this new role. Wipro is a high performance company in the global IT services space and my agenda will be to further accelerate Wipro’’s top-line momentum in the local market here. We have made significant investments in France over the past two years and we have a definite head start with our focused approach on the vertical and service lines and the current employee base.
France is an important growth market for Wipro where the IT major has made significant investments in the past few years. Currently Wipro has offices in four locations and two development centers to service customers across industry segments. Wipro also has a dedicated sales and consulting workforce in France . (ANI)
- Wipro appoints Sid Nair as Chief Sales and Operations Officer for USA, Canada - Oct 01, 2010
- Eurozone crisis an opportunity for Indian IT: Expert - Feb 13, 2012
- Wipro ranked as leader among testing services providers - Sep 22, 2010
- Wipro appoints new global head for back office operations - Jun 13, 2011
- Wipro buys Australian analytics firm - May 01, 2012
- Arun Seth named chairman of Alcatel-Lucent in India - Jul 06, 2011
- IT product firm Ittiam posts $20 million revenue - Mar 21, 2012
- Wipro secures major IT services contract with Electricity North West Limited - Oct 30, 2010
- Wipro Infocrossing to set up new data centre in US - Nov 17, 2010
- Wipro unveils cloud solution for HR processes - Jan 23, 2012
- Wipro unveils slimmest ultrabook for Indian market - Feb 21, 2012
- TCS, Wipro among top 10 in carbon disclosure leadership index - Nov 16, 2011
- Wipro opens development centre in Australia - Mar 30, 2010
- Indian IT firms ramping up efforts to establish themselves in China - Jan 17, 2011
- Banker Kamath to succeed Narayana Murthy at Infosys (Roundup) - May 01, 2011
Tags: french market, global markets, global organization, key accounts, leadership capabilities, leadership roles, leading technology, management roles, manufacturing business, martinoli, operations officer, performance company, rich experience, sales efforts, sema group, steria, sun microsystems, technology organisations, unified strategy, wipro technologies