Winter fog envelops DelhiDecember 28th, 2008 - 2:03 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Dec 28 (ANI): A thick fog engulfed the national capital today reducing the visibility levels.
The region has been witnessing chilly weather with temperatures hovering around 6 degree Celsius.
Traffic moved at a snail’’s pace in several places, as the roads remained enveloped by thick blanket of fog leading to poor visibility.
Winter fog wreaks havoc in Delhi every year, it badly affects the transport system canceling and delaying nearly flights and trains.
Many preferred to stay inside their dwellings to keep warm.
Temperatures have plummeted in almost entire northern India and the Meteorological Department has predicted that the weather conditions are likely to persist.
Northern India usually witnesses early morning fog every winter when night temperatures often dip below five degrees Celsius. (ANI)
- Fog grips Delhi; air, rail traffic hit (Lead) - Jan 20, 2012
- Dense fog disrupts air, rail and road traffic in Delhi - Dec 26, 2010
- Fog affects 47 trains (Lead) - Dec 29, 2011
- Fog hits air, rail traffic in Delhi (Lead) - Dec 31, 2011
- Agra shivers at 0.6 degrees - Jan 09, 2011
- Fog hits air, rail traffic in cold Delhi (Lead) - Jan 19, 2012
- Thick fog in Delhi disrupts road, train services (Lead) - Dec 19, 2011
- North India reels under severe cold, dense fog (Roundup) - Jan 20, 2012
- Fogy morning gives way to bright day, cloudy Wednesday likely (Lead) - Feb 22, 2011
- Thick fog envelops chilly Delhi, commuters hit - Jan 18, 2012
- Wrap up for a chilly New Year's Eve - Dec 30, 2009
- Thick fog, chilly winds leave Delhi shivering - Jan 20, 2012
- Nippy, cloudy day in Delhi (Lead) - Dec 09, 2010
- Delhi fog delays over 50 trains - Dec 28, 2011
- Fog hits commuters, light rain likely on New Year's Day (Second Lead) - Dec 31, 2011
Tags: chilly weather, degree celsius, dwellings, five degrees, flights, havoc, meteorological department, morning fog, New Delhi, night temperatures, northern india, pace, poor visibility, thick blanket, thick fog, traffic, trains, transport system, warm temperatures, weather conditions