Wine festival in PuneDecember 17th, 2008 - 4:19 pm ICT by ANI
Pune, Dec 17 (ANI): Wine lovers from across the country recently thronged Pune to attend Wine Tasting Festival where more than 50 varieties of wine from 12 leading Indian wineries were on display.
The festival was hosted for the second time by the Pune Gourmet Club. Besides showcasing the different varieties of wine, the event also emphasized that the consumption of wine has positive effects on health.
“The whole idea of wine tasting and wine drinking with meals is a beverage and it is a luxury drink. It is something to do with lifestyle choice. It also has some positive effect for your health,” said Paul Bailey, a winemaker.
Winemakers and wine trainers were also conduct a special class for the visitors.
“People come here for tasting different types of wine. This is the only festival in India, which is organised by the Pune Gourmet club where people can come and taste different varieties of wine. Not only that, we have educators who teach how to taste the wine and also the importance and the effect of wine,” Shanker Narayan, organizer of the event.
Every visitor was handed a kit carrying a glass, a tasting card and a wine guide. Sweet flavour of wine was the most sought after amongst the girls.
“We get the chance to meet new people and interact with them. It is a place for socializing and also get to taste some good wine,” said Supriya, a visitor.
Pune Gourmet Club is a group of food and wine enthusiasts based in Pune with 200 members. The club organized India’’s first ever wine tasting festival in 2007, which attracted more than 1,000 visitors.
The club also organizes vineyard tours, ticketed gourmet banquets, wine appreciation sessions and markets wine preservation systems for restaurants and wine bars and has published a wine guide. (ANI)
- Wine aficionados throng Pune wine tasting festival - Dec 12, 2010
- Wine tours - a whole new weekend getaway (With Images) - Mar 02, 2011
- Take your Valentine to vineyards for a treat - Feb 09, 2012
- Now learn about winemaking at Nashik vineyards - Feb 24, 2011
- India awakening to wines, but pricing a problem - Jan 25, 2011
- Treat for wine lovers, Chilean way (With Images) - Jul 23, 2012
- Treat for wine lovers, Chilean way (With Images) (Lead, correcting spelling) - Jul 23, 2012
- Wine served at royal wedding bags top prize - May 18, 2011
- Relax, rejuvenate in lush green Fratelli Vineyards (With Images) - Jul 21, 2012
- 'Two glasses of wine a day will bring down cholesterol level' - Jun 03, 2012
- Swig of spicy red Chile in Indian wine glass - Sep 21, 2011
- South Africa pushes its fruity presses in Indian wine mart (With Image) - Jun 07, 2012
- Indian-origin entrepreneur builds wine chateau in Argentina - Sep 06, 2011
- Despite problems of matching, India's wine industry booming - Feb 05, 2012
- Wine gala kicks off in the land of feni - Jan 27, 2011
Tags: banquets, different types of wine, gourmet club, lifestyle choice, paul bailey, preservation systems, pune, shivaji, sweet flavour, vineyard tours, wine appreciation, wine bars, wine drinking, wine enthusiasts, wine festival, wine guide, wine lovers, wine preservation, wine tasting festival, winemakers