Will Smith to remake Korean controversial flick Oldboy?November 27th, 2008 - 4:04 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Nov 27 (ANI): Hollywood actor Will Smith is reportedly in talks to remake Korean movie Oldboy.
The Im Legend actor is keen to remake the controversial flick which was based on a man’’s violent quest for revenge after he was shamed at high school.
The Korean flick was branded controversial after South Korean-born Seung-Hui Cho murdered 32 students at Virginia Tech in 2007 in the same style, reports Contactmusic.
The Virginia Tech carnage was the worst shoot out in the American history and it was linked to Oldboy after a photograph was found of Seung-Hui Cho recreating a pose from a poster promoting the flick.
Although claims stating Steven Spielberg will direct have been denied, Will has confirmed he is interested in recreating the film.
DreamWorks and Universal have obtained the right to remake the movie earlier this year (08). (ANI)
- Colin Firth in 'Oldboy' remake? - Nov 15, 2011
- Will Smith, Steven Spielberg to team up for film? - Nov 09, 2008
- Hemsworth in Spielberg's next - Jul 21, 2012
- Spielberg to make movie on Wikileaks - Mar 03, 2011
- Reliance DreamWorks films get 11 Oscar nominations - Jan 25, 2012
- Steven Spielberg 'buys rights to WikiLeaks book' - Mar 03, 2011
- Steven Spielberg, Will Smith in talks for Korean drama Oldboy - Nov 07, 2008
- Daniel Day-Lewis to play Abraham Lincoln in Spielberg film - Nov 20, 2010
- Virginia Tech officials warned own kin first about shooting - Dec 05, 2009
- 'Megamind': Animated Superhero Flick Releasing Tomorrow - Nov 04, 2010
- Bollywood shining with a little help from Hollywood - Aug 18, 2009
- Over 90 killed in US mass shootings in two years - Apr 04, 2009
- Spielberg's next 'Gods and Kings'? - Nov 18, 2011
- Anil Ambani's Reliance DreamWorks bags 11 Oscar nominations - Jan 25, 2012
- 'War Horse' to release in India Feb 10 - Jan 13, 2012