WILF provides platform to budding designersOctober 20th, 2008 - 7:52 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Oct 20 (ANI): The recently concluded Wills India Lifestyle Fashion Week (WILF) saw 18 debutants making the heads turn with their chic and elegant collection in Delhi.
WILF, the prime business-to-business fashion fiesta has emerged as a launching pad for the budding designers.
The designers, though new, attracted a large audience with their elegant and sophisticated collections added a zing to the event.
Urvashi Kaur had a Grecian touch in her attires. Blending the rich Greek culture with the ancient Indian heritage the designer showcased an array of fluid gowns and jersey.
Highly elated by the response of the audience Urvashi believes this event has provided her a breakthrough in the fashion world.
“I think FDCI (Fashion Design Council of India) and WILF does present the opportunity which is why for me it was a great opportunity to, you know, showcase what my talent is here. And you know they have a great list of buyers and its just great place to interact with and to know what is happening in the fashion world,” Urvashi said.
The collection of the designer duo Gaurav Jagtiani and Ritika Gupta revolved around the postmodern designs movement in which ornamentation is shunned. The collection titled ”Definite Space” was inspired from the British-Iraqi architect Zaha Hadid, who stressed on deconstructive designs.
Excited over their performance on the fashion runway the designer duo said that this was a great experience.
“It was wonderful because I think FDCI has been very supportive for all the designers at least for us it has been a very good experience,” said Ritika Gupta.
“It has been a wonderful platform. We have worked really hard for this collection. So it was enjoyable and it turned out really well at the end,” said Gaurav Jagtiani.
Wills India Lifestyle Fashion week has emerged as a platform that not only provides the designers an opportunity to showcase their talent but also provides them professional guidance in the fields of business planning, marketing, sourcing, production, export and law. (ANI)
- Shantanu-Nikhil to open WIFW 2012 - Jan 31, 2012
- DCW puts spotlight on opulence, grandeur and business (Preview) - Aug 07, 2012
- Gaurav Gupta wins international designer award - Oct 25, 2011
- WIFW spells business, designers ask for more (Review) - Oct 28, 2010
- Fashion conscious? Think neutral hues and khaki - Oct 28, 2010
- 63 designers finalised for WIFW spring/summer edition - Sep 14, 2012
- This fashion week was more about creativity than business (Review) - Feb 20, 2012
- Buyers' resolute thumbs up to Delhi Couture Week (Review) - Jul 26, 2011
- WIFW widens horizon - fuses fashion with social cause (IANS Preview) - Feb 14, 2012
- 138 designers to participate in WIFW autumn-winter 2012 - Jan 27, 2012
- Bridal collection, Bollywood dominated DCW (Review) (With Images) - Aug 13, 2012
- WIFW: Celebrating 60 years of Indo-Japan ties through fashion - Feb 18, 2012
- A debut after 40 years and book in making, Pallavi Jaikishan on a roll - Jul 21, 2012
- Designers happy as business takes front seat at WIFW (Review) - Apr 11, 2011
- Fashion Week gets the nod, back in action - Mar 25, 2010
Tags: ancient indian heritage, attires, business fashion, elegant collection, fashion design council of india, fashion fiesta, fashion runway, fashion week, fashion world, good experience, greek culture, hadid, jagtiani, launching pad, lifestyle fashion, ornamentation, prime business, professional guidance, ritika, zing