Wifes nagging wins man PS2.8m lotto prizeDecember 9th, 2008 - 6:51 pm ICT by ANI
London, Dec 9 (ANI): A New Zealand man cannot stop thanking his wife, for her constant nagging compelled him to buy a lottery ticket that has won him a whopping 2.8 million pounds first prize.
In fact, the man had almost missed his lucky chance as he bought his ticket just two minutes before ticket sales closed on December 6.
“My wife had been nagging me all week to get a ticket, so I when saw the Lotto sign … I sprinted in to get the ticket before they closed. I must have been their last customer of the night,” the Telegraph quoted the man, who asked not to be named, as saying.
He disclosed that the young couple had had a “rough” couple of years, reduced to one income after having children.
“I have never been so glad to listen to my wife’’s nagging,” he said.
In fact, it was his wifes request for a barbecued sausage that made him go out and check the winning ticket.
So, when he went to buy the sausage without enough money in his pocket, he decided to check his the lottery ticket in case he”d won a small prize.
“I could not believe it when they said I was actually the big winner,” he said.
When he showed the printout to his wife, she initially thought they had won 7,700 New Zealand dollars, but it turned out to be 7.7 million NZ dollars.
“When she realized how much it really was, she fell to the floor, and then said: ”but all I wanted was a sausage,”” said the man. (ANI)
- Kiwi man swears by bird poop after winning $100K - Mar 23, 2011
- Woman said don't wake me, so hubby waited to tell lottery news - Sep 15, 2010
- Lottery fever hits as 'Mega Millions' jackpot reaches $540 million - Mar 30, 2012
- Lady Luck smiles on labour, honesty takes spotlight - Feb 25, 2012
- Winner still to collect $18 mn jackpot prize - Sep 16, 2010
- Beijing man hits $90 mn jackpot - Jun 13, 2012
- How feng shui 'triggers jackpot win' - Feb 23, 2010
- Man wins 2.3 mn pounds lottery day after divorce - Mar 17, 2010
- Lottery winner just wants a new carpet - Jan 25, 2012
- Judge Mr Justice Mostyn orders that husband is entitled to money from his ex-wife's lottery win - Oct 18, 2011
- British couple scoop million-pound lottery with forgotten ticket - Jun 01, 2012
- Man wins his second lottery in Panama City - May 11, 2011
- Delma Kinney wins a $1 million lottery again - Nov 29, 2011
- Woman finds winning lottery ticket while cleaning purse - Apr 07, 2011
- Worker tried to con lottery winner out of $14 mn - Sep 18, 2010
Tags: 8m, constant nagging, enough money, having children, london, lottery ticket, lotto prize, lucky chance, new zealand dollars, nz dollars, rough couple, sausage, telegraph, ticket sales, two minutes, young couple