When Sarah Palin met Sarah PalinOctober 20th, 2008 - 1:01 pm ICT by ANI
London, Oct 20 (ANI): Republican vice-presidential nominee has made a brave appearance on Saturday Night Live (SNL) alongside her mimic Tina Fey.
Fey has relentlessly mocked the moose-hunting, ice-hockey loving Alaska governor, her politics and her home state in a series of impressions in which she sported a Palin-style big hair-do, little red jacket and rimmed glasses, and has perfectly imitated Palin-style winks, smiles, twangy accent and salt-of-the-earth language.
As Palin prepared to appear as a special guest on the hit show - the impersonator was pulling no punches as she held a spoof press conference before the Republican vice-presidential candidate went onstage, reports TimesOnline.
As Palin watched backstage on a monitor, journalists were told they were allowed “no recording devices” and were not permitted to “write anything down”.
Fey then appeared as Palin and tossed off a few remarks skewering Palin, such as “I am looking forward to a portion of your questions,” a reference to her occasional practice of answering questions by addressing her own chosen topics.
Asked about her views on the last presidential debate, Fey said of Obama: “His words are smooth when he’’s talking, he’’s like an angel whispering in your ear. He makes John McCain sound like a garbage truck unloading trash at a landfill.”
The camera then cut to Palin, who has said that she loved Fey’’s impersonations, and who was seen watching the performance backstage with Lorne Michaels, the show’’s executive producer.
Palin was then led on to the press conference to replace Fey and danced to a rap song, which ridiculed her politics and home state, against a background of phony Eskimos and an impersonator of her husband. As soon as the song ended, Palin said: Im Sarah Palin. Goodnight and have a pleasant tomorrow.” (ANI)
- Palin earns US TV show highest ratings in 14 years - Oct 20, 2008
- Palin is a 'half-baked Alaskan', says Florida lawmaker - Oct 02, 2010
- Ex-colleague says Palin should be allowed to reveal her multiple flaws - Dec 20, 2010
- Palin firing back at critics not a good idea, say ex-aide and expert - Nov 13, 2008
- Tina Fey, Sarah Palin Impressionist, Wins Mark Twain Humor Award - May 26, 2010
- Palin uses Facebook to remove confusion over Sputnik Moment remark - Jan 29, 2011
- Mama bear Palin accused of breaching countryside rules in TV nature show - Nov 14, 2010
- Barbara Bush Expresses Hope That Sarah Palin Stays In Alaska - Nov 23, 2010
- Tina Fey might impersonate Sarah Palin when she hosts SNL in April - Feb 19, 2010
- Sarah Palin's Coined Word 'Refudiate' Recognized As Word Of The Year - Nov 16, 2010
- Justin Timberlake, Tina Fey, Michael J. Fox, Win Big At The Emmy - Sep 14, 2009
- 'Sarah Palin's Alaska' branded a 'snuff film' - Dec 09, 2010
- SNL pokes fun on Palin with the 'The Sarah Palin Network' - Apr 12, 2010
- Palin chooses anti-abortion fundraiser over White House Correspondents' Dinner - May 02, 2011
- Tina Fey Might Again Impersonate Sarah Palin In "SNL" - Feb 19, 2010
Tags: alaska governor, big hair, earth language, eskimos, garbage truck, impersonations, impersonator, john mccain, lorne michaels, moose hunting, occasional practice, presidential debate, presidential nominee, rap song, red jacket, rimmed glasses, salt of the earth, sarah palin, saturday night live, tina fey