Western Air Command chief visits Ambala stationMarch 3rd, 2011 - 8:40 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Mar 3(ANI): Air Marshal D.C. Kumaria, Air Officer Commanding-in-Chief, Western Air Command, visited the Ambala Air Force Station on Thursday.
He was accompanied by his wife, Vaneeta Kumaria, who is the President of the Air Force Wives Welfare Association (Regional).
They were received by Air Commodore P.N. Kaushik, Air Officer Commanding, Ambala Air Force Station, and his wife Ranjani Kaushik, President of Air Force Wives Welfare Association (Local).
During the visit, Air Marshal Kumaria paid tribute to martyrs by laying a wreath at the Station War Memorial after reviewing an impressive Guard of Honour by the air warriors of the station.
He later addressed the station personnel and interacted with the key appointments.
The operational, maintenance and administrative setups and facilities within the base were inspected by the AOC-in-C wherein, he was also shown various projects undertaken by the station.
He appreciated the efforts put in by station personnel towards maintaining high standards in operation, maintenance and administrative roles.
The visit was one of Air Marshal Kumaria’s first from the planned inspection tours of bases under the Western Air Command, after taking over as the Air Office Commanding-in-Chief. (ANI)
- Senior IAF officer visits Jammu and Kashmir base - May 23, 2011
- Air Marshal Kumaria on a two-day visit to Air Force Station Chandigarh - Mar 01, 2011
- Eastern Air Command chief reviews preparedness of the fleet - Apr 09, 2010
- Air Marshal PS Bhangu takes over as South Western Air Command Chief - Oct 01, 2009
- Western Command Air and Army chiefs meet - Sep 10, 2009
- Air Marshal Kumaria to be new Western Command chief - Dec 31, 2010
- WAC commanders meet to plan rapid inductions - Jul 07, 2011
- Air Chief for primacy to operations given prevailing security situation - Apr 25, 2011
- Update on new technologies, IAF officers advised - Jul 09, 2012
- Key Indian Army, IAF commanders meet; talk synergy - Jul 16, 2012
- Top Air Force Commanders review 'Aerospace Security' - Nov 11, 2010
- 'Enhancing combat potential of Western Air Command priority' - Jan 02, 2011
- Air Marshal N. A. K. Browne takes over as new Indian Air Force vice-chief - Jan 01, 2011
- No aggressive Chinese posture towards India's skies: IAF - Dec 15, 2009
- IAF going through dynamic changes: Air Chief - Nov 17, 2011
Tags: administrative roles, air commodore, air force station, air marshal, air warriors, aoc, appointments, guard of honour, kaushik, maintaining high standards, martyrs, New Delhi, operation maintenance, tribute, war memorial, welfare association, wreath