West Bengal Govt. to order re-autopsy of Rizwanur’s bodyNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:11 am ICT by admin
The Chief Minister spent around 40 minutes with Kishwar Jahan and other family members. He left without talking to the media.
On Friday, West Bengal Human Rights Commission (WBHRC) chairman Justice Shyamal Sen said: “We have summoned five police officers: Gyanwant Singh, Ajoy Kumar, Sukanti Chakraborty, Krishnendu Das and the Karaya police station OC in connection with this case.”
The HRC received Kolkata Police Commissioner Prasun Mukherjee’s report on the case last Friday and found it “comprehensive and well documented”, Commission Secretary Braja Behari Mahapatra said.
On October 5, the West Bengal Government removed an Assistant Commissioner of Police (ACP) and a Sub Inspector (SI) from their posts in connection with death of Rizwanur.
Senior Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M) leader Jyoti Basu had criticised Mukherjee’s role in the case.
Commenting on the statement made by Mukherjee, Basu said, “It is very bad and undesirable. ”
Mukherjee had told a press conference that it was “natural” for Rizwan’s wife’s family to oppose the marriage because of the differences in the social and economic status of the Todis and the Rehmans.
According to reports, some police officers have been accused of pressurising Rehman to end his marriage with industrialist Ashok Todi’s daughter Priyanka Todi.
CID is probing the death of Rizwan who was being allegedly threatened by his in-laws and Police since he married Priyanka in August. (ANI)
- Rizwanur case: Kolkata court directs framing of suicide charges against Todi - Apr 21, 2011
- Rizwan case: Calcutta HC directs CBI to initiate fresh probe - May 18, 2010
- Mamata demands CBI probe into Rizwanur death case - Nov 14, 2007
- Calcutta HC orders CBI probe into Rizwanur death case - Nov 14, 2007
- Court orders CBI to probe Rizwanur death afresh (Lead) - May 18, 2010
- Punish Kolkata cops, Rizwanur's mother tells apex court (Lead) - Feb 22, 2011
- Put Ashok Todi to trial in Rizwanur case: Supreme Court (Second Lead) - Mar 01, 2011
- Rizwanur case: CBI moves Supreme Court, challenges Calcutta High Court's order - Sep 01, 2010
- Court asks CBI to conduct fresh probe into Rizwanur death - May 18, 2010
- Rizwanur case: Supreme Court to decide on CBI probe - Mar 01, 2011
- Rizwanur Rehman death: Apex court questions Bengal, Todi - Oct 18, 2010
- Rizwanur case: Calcutta High Court to frame charges against Todi - Mar 21, 2011
- Kolkata cops guilty, Rizwanur's mother tells apex court - Feb 22, 2011
- Supreme Court rejects reinvestigation in Rizwanur murder case - Mar 01, 2011
- CBI prays for abetment to suicide in Rizwanur case - Mar 21, 2011