Welfare schemes for rural women and children launched in Uttar PradeshMarch 2nd, 2009 - 3:57 pm ICT by ANI
By Amit Kumar
Faizabad (UP), Mar 2 (ANI): The Central Government has opened various Anganwadis (women volunteers) in Uttar Pradesh’’s Faizabad district for the welfare of rural women and children.
In one of the Anganwadis at Patupur village of Faizabad district, small children come for their pre-school education. The volunteers bring these children to this centre.
Seema Devi, the Child Development Project Officer of the village, visits the centre every month to monitor whether the women, pregnant women and the small children are getting their daily nutrition and education or not.
“This scheme under the Central Government is proving to be beneficial for the people. The womenfolk are getting aware about their health and the children who are not yet old enough to go to schools, they are being provided pre-school education so that they become eligible to get admission in primary schools,” said Seema Devi.
In these Anganwadis, small children from the age group of around three years get their pre school education, timely vaccines and daily nutritional food meanwhile the women are given proper advice about their health and are also provided with a weekly 960 grams of powdered multigrain for their proper nutrition.
“The food given to us here is healthy for both me and my child. We get it in proper quantity,” said Suman Tiwari, a villager.
Poor hygiene condition and widespread illiteracy among women particularly in rural India are among the prime causes of malnutrition among children in India. (ANI)
- 'Over 50 percent Anganwadi facilities minus toilets' - Aug 09, 2012
- Anganwadi workers stage a protest in New Delhi - May 04, 2010
- Mobile, projectors to educate kids on health, hygiene in Gujarat - May 15, 2012
- Bihar lauded for child healthcare model - May 08, 2012
- Delhi government health scheme left 775 kids dead - Jun 20, 2011
- Anganwadi health workers' honorarium to be doubled - Jul 01, 2011
- Odisha activists press for anganwadi wall collapse probe - Jul 16, 2012
- Caste prejudices hit Bihar's anganwadi centres: Report - May 03, 2012
- Odisha reviews safety of anganwadi buildings - Jul 11, 2012
- Court allows nursery admissions at 3-plus (Second Lead) - Jan 27, 2012
- Court allows nursery admissions at 3-plus (Lead) - Jan 27, 2012
- Free education expanded in Tibet - Jan 19, 2012
- Meghalaya ranks poorly in elementary education: report - Feb 17, 2011
- Odisha court admits petitions on anganwadi wall collapse - Jul 18, 2012
- Bihar to check corruption in anganwadi centres - Jun 14, 2011
Tags: amit kumar, causes of malnutrition, central government, child development project, faizabad, illiteracy, multigrain, nutritional food, poor hygiene, pre school education, pregnant women, prime causes, proper advice, proper nutrition, proper quantity, rural women, seema, villager, welfare schemes, womenfolk