We need to undertake challenge of providing gainful employment: AnsariApril 28th, 2009 - 7:08 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Apr 28 (ANI): Vice President M. Hamid Ansari on Tuesday acknowledged an immediate need to undertake the challenge of providing gainful employment to millions of youth, who are in need of it.
Addressing the ‘JRD Tata Young Entrepreneurs Awards’ at the Conference on ‘Entrepreneurship - A Solution to Youth Unemployment’ organised by Bharatiya Yuva Shakti Trust, here today, Ansari said: “We need to comprehend the dimensions of the problem of youth unemployment.”
Ansari pointed out that the Planning Commission’s Working Group on Labour Force and Employment Projections for the Eleventh Plan, in its report in September, had predicted that in the ten years from 2007 to 2017 there would be 93 million new entrants to the labour force.
Recommending entrepreneurship to solve the problem of such a huge influx of labour, he said, “This challenge can be better met by diversifying the sources of employment in innovative ways. One of these is to encourage the young people to become entrepreneurs and start more micro enterprises in rural and non-rural areas and run them successfully.”
Ansari further opined that entrepreneurship can be nurtured only through broad-based and multiple sources of sustenance. Civil society organisations and industry bodies play a major role in it, he said.
Concerned over the condition of under-privileged, minority and marginalised communities, who according to him continue to face the “glass ceiling of entrepreneurship”, the Vice President said that the problem needs to be overcome through impersonal affiliations of the type that prevails in many developed countries and has, in fact, taken shape in relation to our premier technical and management institutes. (ANI)
- Turn job seekers into job creators: Hamid Ansari - Apr 28, 2009
- 75 mn youths to be unemployed in 2012: ILO - May 22, 2012
- Conscience over profit? Not business as usual - Jul 27, 2011
- Six lakh unemployed youth registered in Kashmir: Government - Mar 08, 2012
- Providing access to information holds the key to alleviate rural poverty, says Ansari - Oct 28, 2010
- Omar gives nod to loans schemes for youth entrepreneurs - Feb 01, 2012
- Social schemes not reaching the needy: NGO audit - Jul 13, 2011
- Youths hit hardest by high unemployment, says UN - Feb 06, 2012
- AISECT emerges as finalist for Social Entrepreneur of the Year Award 2010 - Nov 01, 2010
- India has seen jobless growth, says top adviser - Nov 13, 2011
- Railways to introduce pilot 'Yuva Trains' - Dec 22, 2009
- Ansari inaugurates Myanmar-India Entrepreneurship Development Centre in Yangon - Feb 06, 2009
- 4.5 mn jobs at risk in eurozone in four years: UN - Jul 12, 2012
- Chinese premier warns of `complicated, grim' job situation - Jul 23, 2012
- China's female students eat roundworm eggs to look thin for job interviews - Jan 01, 2011
Tags: civil society organisations, conference on entrepreneurship, developed countries, employment projections, gainful employment, glass ceiling, hamid ansari, industry bodies, influx, jrd tata, labour force, management institutes, marginalised communities, micro enterprises, planning commission, privileged minority, sustenance, young entrepreneurs, youth unemployment, yuva