We need to talk tops 10 Most Dreaded Phrases poll in UK!June 26th, 2008 - 4:41 pm ICT by ANI
London, June 26 (ANI): We need to talk they might be four simple words but the phrase is more likely to bring on frayed nerves and a racing heart among Britons, says a new poll.
According to a new survey, We need to talk is the Most Dreaded Phrase for Brits.
The expression, which often means bad news is to follow, just pipped The boss wants to see you to bag the first spot, reports The Sun.
A thousand adults who were quizzed rated I had an accident in third place, Can I borrow your credit card? fourth and Theres a leak fifth.
The Top 10 Most Dreaded Phrase list was compiled by deodorant firm Right Guard.
The sixth position was taken by Did you remember my birthday? followed by Ive something to tell you; You know that xxxx you lent me? at the seventh and the eight position, respectively.
You havent forgotten were going out tonight? and Now I know it looks bad but rounded off the top ten list. (ANI)
- Here are the phrases you dread to hear - Jun 29, 2008
- President Obama's statement on Osama bin Laden (Part-III) - May 02, 2011
- Kylie Minogue tops 'most powerful celebs in Britain' poll - Apr 01, 2010
- Tourists to London might be foxed by local language - Jul 17, 2012
- Technology killing old joys like letter-writing - Dec 09, 2011
- Top questions on Brits' lips: What's to eat and What's on TV - Nov 13, 2010
- Jacqueline Wilson named most popular library book author of noughties - Feb 12, 2010
- Russell Brand is 'No.1 priority' for Katy Perry - Apr 09, 2011
- Why you shouldn't write 'dynamic' or 'proactive' in your CV - Dec 23, 2010
- 'Occupy' is most commonly used English word - Nov 11, 2011
- 'Thank you' turning unfashionable in Britain? - Nov 25, 2011
- Gisele Bundchen launches lingerie line - May 14, 2011
- A simple act of kindness is enough to make Brits happy - Nov 12, 2010
- Oz horse brought back from the dead with XXXX beer after bout of colic - Apr 01, 2011
- Hilfenhaus made the difference: Hussey - May 13, 2012