Water logging due to heavy rains disrupts life in APAugust 10th, 2008 - 2:44 pm ICT by ANI
Vijayawada (Andhra Pradesh), Aug 10 (ANI): Heavy downpour has thrown life out of gear in Vijayawada in Andhra Pradesh. Incessant rains have brought entire region to a near standstill with water logging on many major crossroads.
People were seen driving out water from their inundated houses using buckets. Movement had been restricted in the city as roads were flooded with rain water.
A woman and her child died after the wall of their house collapsed following the rains.
Clogged drains add onto the woes as rain water floods the streets, after being unable to flush out via the city drains.
Water logging has become a common feature in many cities, after heavy rains leave the cities in a mess. (ANI)
- Torrential rains cripple Delhi -- for hours - Sep 09, 2011
- 36 killed in heavy rains in eastern Uttar Pradesh - Sep 26, 2011
- Heavy rains kill nine in Hyderabad - Jul 21, 2012
- Heavy rains cause traffic snarls, power breakdowns in Agra - Jul 10, 2012
- Rains lash Lucknow, parts of UP - Jul 05, 2012
- Heavy rains wreak havoc in coastal Andhra - Nov 01, 2010
- Life hit as heavy rains lash Hyderabad - Aug 17, 2010
- Rainwater continues to cause havoc in parts of country - Jul 27, 2010
- Incessant rains leads to water logging in New Delhi - Aug 01, 2010
- Rains, floods kill 115 in Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand - Aug 19, 2011
- Heavy rains hit Delhi again (Lead) - Sep 16, 2011
- Floods devastate villages in Maharashtra - Aug 01, 2010
- Heavy rains lash Hyderabad, inundate low-lying areas - Aug 20, 2009
- Gujarat's Veraval district waterlogged - Jul 28, 2009
- One dead as heavy rains lash Bangalore (Lead) - Aug 21, 2010