War surgery workshop heldSeptember 9th, 2012 - 7:36 pm ICT by IANS
Jammu, Sep 9 (IANS) Over 150 surgeons from across the country took part in a workshop on war surgery at the army’s Northern Command headquarters in Jammu and Kashmir, an official said Sunday.
The two-day event was held to sensitise young surgeons about the concept of surgery in war.
“Medical officers and paramedics in forward locations are first responders to a victim of combat. It is here that awareness of Combat Trauma Life Support techniques comes in handy,” said General Officer Commanding in Chief Lt. Gen. K.T. Parnaik.
Director General of Armed Forces Medical Services Air Marshal D.P. Joshi said newer techniques to care for battle casualties would decrease morbidity and mortality among soldiers.
- Army chief witnesses exercise in Ladakh - Apr 20, 2011
- Army commander visits forward areas on LoC - May 07, 2012
- Army chief reviews Kashmir border security - Feb 09, 2012
- Army's northern command gets new chief - Jan 01, 2011
- Army chief visits Srinagar - Mar 28, 2012
- Indian Army chief-designate conferred medal for distinguished service - Apr 17, 2012
- Army chief on first visit to Ladakh - Aug 17, 2012
- Now, postal cover on Siachen glacier - Oct 06, 2011
- Bikram Singh will be next Indian Army chief (Lead) - Mar 03, 2012
- Omar, top army officer discuss Kashmir situation - Jan 16, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,