War criminal Karadzic was in great demand as a miracle healerJuly 26th, 2008 - 1:02 pm ICT by ANI
London, July 26 (ANI): War criminal Radovan Karadzic, the wartime leader of the Bosnian Serbs, was so successful as a miracle healer that he travelled across Europe to treat wealthy Serbs.
The bearded fugitive, 63, is said to have made so much money curing a variety of ailments that he was about to start a new life in Russia.
Mina Minic, his tutor in Serbian capital Belgrade, said: He learned quickly and soon became a name in his own right. He was preparing to move to Russia but decided to stay to learn more from me. It seems he left it too long.
Karadzic also visited Italy and treated a couple in Austria who were having trouble conceiving, The Sun reported.
The wife became pregnant, but the husband said: I didn”t like him, he was arrogant, never looking you in the eye.
He had stolen the identity of retired bricklayer Dragan Dabic, who lives in the northern town of Ruma.
Secret agents revealed the scam to Dabic, 66, who said: I thought it was a joke, we don”t even look alike.
The ex-Bosnian Serb leader, accused of the massacre of 20,000 civilians in the 1992-95 civil war, was arrested in Belgrade on Monday.
Karadzic is accused of planning massive civilian massacres, described by the United Nations war crimes tribunal as scenes from hell, written on the darkest pages of human history.
Karadzics 11 charges included one of genocide and one of complicity in relation to the Srebrenica massacre of Bosnian-Muslim men. (ANI)
- Bosnia war could have been avoided: Karadzic - Dec 29, 2009
- Karadzic denies genocide charges in Bosnia - Jun 12, 2012
- Ratko Mladic transferred from prison hospital to cell - Jun 06, 2011
- Two Serbian policemen jailed for 31 years for genocide - Apr 23, 2010
- Seven Bosnian Serbs convicted for Srebrenica massacre (Lead) - Jun 10, 2010
- Bosnian Serb leader's trial set to resume - Sep 04, 2010
- War crimes suspect Hadzic extradited to The Hague - Jul 22, 2011
- 'Karadzic regretted that some Bosnian Muslims escaped genocide' - Nov 03, 2009
- 'Humanitarian convoys smuggled weapons in Bosnia war' - May 11, 2010
- UN court convicts seven Bosnian Serbs over Srebrenica massacre - Jun 10, 2010
- Serbia hands war crimes suspect Stojan Zupljanin to ICTY - Jun 21, 2008
- Angelina Jolie movie criticised in Serbia - Jan 22, 2012
- Clashes erupt in Serbia protest against Mladic arrest - May 30, 2011
- Mladic threatens hunger strike if rights not observed - Jun 06, 2011
- Karadzic wanted Bosnian Muslims wiped off from the 'face of the earth' - Oct 28, 2009
Tags: ailments, bosnian muslim, bosnian serbs, bricklayer, civilian massacres, civilians, complicity, dragan, fugitive, genocide, human history, miracle healer, muslim men, radovan karadzic, secret agents, serbian capital belgrade, srebrenica massacre, war crimes tribunal, war criminal, wartime leader