Waghmare needs a day to decide on representing KasabMarch 31st, 2009 - 7:49 pm ICT by ANI
Mumbai, Mar 31 (ANI): Anjali Waghmare, who is representing Amir Ajmal Kasab, the lone arrested terrorist in the November 26 terror strikes, on Tuesday told the special court that she needs another day to reconsider her decision on appearing in the case.
Waghmare, who faced violent protests outside her home on Monday said, “I am under a lot of pressure. Give me one day to decide and think over it.”
“The media has exaggerated and is saying that I have taken the case up voluntarily. There were more than 300 persons outside my house yesterday,” she told Special Judge M L Tahiliyani.
Waghmare appealed to the media to act responsibly and spread the correct message to the public.
“Why has not the media gone to Uddhav Thackeray (Shiv Sena president) over the attack? Who is the mob to decide whether the trial will go on or not?” said Waghmare.
An advocate from the Maharashtra Legal Aid cell, Waghmare was appointed by the court on Monday to represent Kasab in the upcoming trial of the terrorist on April 6.
A mob of around 100 persons staged a demonstration outside Waghmare’s house on Monday night. The police had to resort to a mild batoncharge to disperse the mob. Nine members of the Shiv Sena were arrested for the attack. (ANI)
- Maharashtra lawyer Waghmare agrees to represent Kasab - Apr 01, 2009
- Time line of Ajmal Amir Kasab's trial - May 02, 2010
- 'Waghmare has not withdrawn from Kasab's case' - Mar 31, 2009
- Timeline of 26/11 case - Feb 21, 2011
- Nine Shiv Sainiks held for protest outside Kasab ex-lawyer's house - Mar 31, 2009
- Uddhav Thackeray discharged after angiography (Lead) - Jul 16, 2012
- Anjali Waghmare gets high security for defending Kasab - Apr 01, 2009
- Timeline of Mumbai terror attacks trial - May 02, 2010
- Anjali Waghmare will fight Kasab case: minister (Lead) - Mar 31, 2009
- Kasab's lawyer Anjali Waghmare removed - Apr 15, 2009
- Nov 26, 2008 - May 3, 2010: timeline of 26/11 trial - May 03, 2010
- Timeline in 26/11 Mumbai terror attacks trial - Mar 31, 2010
- Kasab's trial begins - Apr 17, 2009
- Uddhav Thackeray in hospital for angioplasty - Jul 20, 2012
- Shiv Sena indestructible, says Bal Thackeray - Feb 14, 2012