Visiting UK Army Chief to discuss defence cooperationNovember 14th, 2007 - 3:03 am ICT by admin
In addition, General Dannatt will visit Indian Army Field Formations in Jaipur, Srinagar and Agra during his month-long visit.
“The visit reconfirms the mutual trust and friendship between the two Armies and will provide the necessary fillip to our on-going Army-to-Army Cooperation” a release issued by the Defence Ministry stated.
This visit by the UK CGS comes at a time when our defence cooperation with the British Army has been at an all time high.
The joint activities of the two Armies encompass visits, joint exercises, training exchange and participation in seminars and conferences.
The joint exercise between the two Armies has recently been successfully completed at Leh, wherein the UK Royal Marines exercised with the elite Paratroopers of the Indian Army. (ANI)
- French Army chief in India to ramp up defence relations - Jan 31, 2011
- Indian army chief to visit US to enhance defence cooperation - Mar 04, 2011
- India, China to resume joint military exercises (Roundup) - Sep 04, 2012
- Indian Army chief to visit Britain from Monday - Feb 12, 2012
- Indian Army chief leaves for Britain on official visit - Feb 13, 2012
- India, China to resume military exercises; Antony to visit Beijing (Second Lead) - Sep 04, 2012
- Singapore defence chief in India to expand ties - Nov 08, 2011
- India, Singapore test tank warfare skills - Mar 27, 2012
- By going public with criticism, ex- UK army chief lost Brown Government's trust - Dec 13, 2010
- India to help Sri Lankan army to build capacities - Jul 01, 2011
- India, Saudi Arabia to set up joint defence panel (Lead) - Feb 15, 2012
- IAF chief to visit Singapore air show - Feb 13, 2012
- Russia sees India as a super power in coming years: Ambassador Kadakin - Oct 24, 2010
- India-Japan coast guards' deep sea mock drill ends - Jan 30, 2012
- Navy chief begins four-day visit to Indonesia - Jan 10, 2011
Tags: agra, all time high, army chief, army field, british army, cgs, defence cooperation, defence ministry, elite paratroopers, indian army, jaipur, leh, mutual trust, prospects, royal marines, srinagar, successfully completed, training exchange, uk army