Visiting Netherlands Queen Beatrix accorded ceremonial welcomeNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:46 am ICT by admin
The two sides are expected to explore ways to strengthen bilateral ties, particularly in the sectors of trade and economy.
The bilateral trade between the two countries amounts to nearly 2.28 billion dollars and business houses in both countries are looking at doubling this in the next five years.
Queen Beatrix is accompanied by Prince of Orange William-Alexander, his spouse Princess Maxima, Netherlands Foreign Minister Maxime Verhagen, besides a high-level business delegation of top company executives.
The visit is important for India since it will give the nation’s leadership the opportunity to brief the Dutch about the Indo-US nuclear deal.
India is expecting the Netherlands to support them as a Nuclear Suppliers Group (NSG) member.
The Queen’s last state visit to India was in 1986, but she spent her millennium-eve holidays in Rajasthan with her family on a private visit.(ANI)
- Visiting Dutch Queen Beatrix meets Indian leaders - Nov 14, 2007
- Dutch queen tours Abu Dhabi mosque - Jan 09, 2012
- Netherlands Queen meets Prime Minister Manmohan Singh - Nov 14, 2007
- Ahead of Clinton visit, US says committed to NSG waiver - Jul 14, 2011
- Nuclear deal, trade top Canada PM's India mission - Nov 15, 2009
- France assures NSG waiver for India not undermined - Jul 01, 2011
- India signs civil nuclear deal with South Korea (Lead) - Jul 25, 2011
- New Zealand PM hopeful of FTA with India by 2012 (Lead) - Jun 27, 2011
- India, New Zealand eye trade pact; discuss IT, agriculture (Lead) - Jun 28, 2011
- Sarkozy to have dinner with PM Sunday - Dec 05, 2010
- Obama visit: India downplays differences, hopes for high-tech trade (Lead) - Nov 04, 2010
- U.S. Secretary of State Clinton congratulates the Netherlands on Queen's Day - Apr 29, 2011
- Seoul to keep leaders' spouse busy with music, dance - Mar 26, 2012
- India, South Korea discuss civil nuclear cooperation - Jan 25, 2010
- Canada to fast-track nuclear deal with India (Lead) - Sep 12, 2012
Tags: bilateral ties, bilateral trade, business delegation, business houses, ceremonial welcome, India, level business, millennium eve, netherlands, nsg, nuclear deal, nuclear suppliers group, pratibha patil, prime minister manmohan singh, princess maxima, private visit, queen beatrix, trade and economy, welcome the queen, william alexander