Visiting Dutch Queen Beatrix meets Indian leadersNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:47 am ICT by admin
She also met with senior leader of the main opposition Bharatiya Janata Party L K Advani.
Earlier today, Queen Beatrix was accorded a ceremonial welcome at the Rashtrapati Bhavan.
She met with President Pratibha Patil and Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.
The bilateral trade between the two countries amounts to nearly 2.28 billion dollars and business houses in both countries are looking at doubling this in the next five years.
Queen Beatrix is accompanied by Prince of Orange William-Alexander, his spouse Princess Maxima, Netherlands Foreign Minister Maxime Verhagen, besides a high-level business delegation of top company executives.
The visit is important for India since it will give the nation’s leadership the opportunity to brief the Dutch about the Indo-US nuclear deal.
India is expecting the Netherlands’ support as a Nuclear Suppliers Group (NSG) member.
The Queen’s last state visit to India was in 1986, but she spent her millennium-eve holidays in Rajasthan with her family on a private visit. (ANI)
- Visiting Netherlands Queen Beatrix accorded ceremonial welcome - Nov 14, 2007
- Dutch queen tours Abu Dhabi mosque - Jan 09, 2012
- Netherlands Queen meets Prime Minister Manmohan Singh - Nov 14, 2007
- U.S. Secretary of State Clinton congratulates the Netherlands on Queen's Day - Apr 29, 2011
- Clinton, Krishna meet in Delhi - May 08, 2012
- Thai prime minister arrives in India, focus on trade ties - Apr 05, 2011
- India conveys concern to US over protectionism - May 08, 2012
- Dutch PM, cabinet tender resignation - Apr 24, 2012
- Anand Sharma hopeful of growing Indo-US trade relations - Apr 20, 2011
- India, Argentina sign n-deal, will triple trade by 2012 - Oct 14, 2009
- India looks forward to robust cooperation with US in civil nuclear sector - Nov 04, 2010
- Clinton's visit: India, US to discuss Afghanistan, Iran, n-deal (Lead) - May 04, 2012
- Ahead of Clinton visit, US says committed to NSG waiver - Jul 14, 2011
- India, Pakistan trade bodies sign deal - Sep 28, 2011
- Dutch Queen meets Nobel laureate Pachauri - Nov 14, 2007
Tags: anand sharma, business houses, ceremonial welcome, dutch queen, India, indian leaders, l k advbusiness delegation, millennium eve, netherlands, nuclear deal, nuclear suppliers group, pratibha patil, prime minister manmohan singh, princess maxima, private visit, queen beatrix, rashtrapati bhavan, vice president, william alexander